Last visit was: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:56 pm It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:56 pm

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 First timers - primitive camping 
Wanee Peach

Post First timers - primitive camping
Hi all. Need some guidance on where to tent camp. 2 "old" people and first timers. Also any tips and tricks any newbie should know. Appreciate any and all guidance on what to bring or not to bring etc. Thanks for your help. Looking forward to a fun time.

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:16 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: First timers - primitive camping
Bring everything you can think except the kitchen sink.......wait a minute....you might need the kitchen sink. Seriously, cooking stuff and food is always at the top of the list....unless you are gonna eat at vendors. You can buy ice there...but it is cheaper to bring your own.
All camping gear, including a bed of sorts, lights and a blanket for the cool nights. Tarps and ropes are essentials...one to put under tent and one to put up to hang under...unless you bring an easy-up tent.
You can buy firewood there...but it is not cheap. So according to how far you travel and available space....?? Anything you can bring, the better. Nothing is cheap there...but most anything is available. If you forget something...ask a neighbor and usually someone can come up with what you need.
Poncho or rain gear....it is Florida...and we have afternoon showers most any day (sometimes more than just an afternoon shower).
Plenty of clothes and comfortable shoes. Plenty of money.
And don't forget your tickets.
Oh, who could forget the good mood and spirit for music.
Be good to your neighbors....and they will be good to you (most).
I could send you my list of stuff....but it is 4 pages long. But, if you insist, PM me and I will even send that.
Peace, Love and Music

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:31 am Profile
Wanee Master

Karen...
where to camp is according to when you plan to arrive. The earlier you can get there the better. I f you are a late Wednesday or Thursday arriver...you just have to drive the roads until you find an empty spot. If a spot is empty you just have to take it before the next car finds it. Ask people in an area....usually something is available that might not seem so.
The park is big and there are a million spaces...you just have to find one you like.

Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Peach

Thank you both for the tips. Planning on arriving 1ish on Wednesday the 17th. Starting my list of must haves and maybes. Thank you again. Getting excited.

Karen

Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 am Profile
Wanee Lover

My advice:

Don't be too hard on yourself for all the times that you could've been to Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park but didn't! It feels like home, because it IS!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:33 pm Profile
Wanee Master

ReverendHugh wrote:
My advice:

Don't be too hard on yourself for all the times that you could've been to Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park but didn't! It feels like home, because it IS!

CORRECT! All that matters is that you're going NOW!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:59 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Thank you everyone! I "think" we are ready! (I am sure more questions will pop into my head)

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:54 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Welcome Karen!! Check out the first times thread on here. Lots of good info there! You're going to love it!

Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:57 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

AndieBee wrote:
Welcome Karen!! Check out the first times thread on here. Lots of good info there! You're going to love it!

Once again......^^^^^^^^What she said!!!!^^^^^^^^

Welcome Karen!!! You are in for a treat!!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:11 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Welcome KarenN! :)

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:10 pm Profile
 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next