Last visit was: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:47 am It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:47 am

[ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 First timers - primitive camping 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: First timers - primitive camping
I am also wondering on this one. I have the luxury of my Steel Tent, the VW bus. With a side tent. Should I make a major effort to have my own shower facilities?

May want to look at doing a camp toilet also.. I DONT think I have a grip on the scale of things here yet.. :lol:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:49 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Peach

I certainly don't have grip or really know what to expect, so I am just going to expect to have a great time and just go with it. Everyone on this forum has been really helpful so I not going to stress about any of it. YAY!

Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:57 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

:lol: THAT never works with me. I am a planner and preparer, so I usually come over equipped. Heck, I almost enjoy the planning as much as the event. Been YEARS.

Makes for a more relaxed event for me, your mileage may vary. And thanks for the calming vibes also. ~~~~~ :)

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

If you have water on your site, you can get one of those shower tents, a garden hose and a spray nozzle. Lay the hose in the sun, and you get a semi - warm shower. I modified a shipping pallett to make it smaller and lighter to have something to stand on so your not in the mud.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 am Profile
Wanee Pro

A camp toilet is a MUST in my opinion. I only use the porto-johns in emergencies. You can even make it a two in one deal since I use a shower tent for my business. I've got a luggable-loo toilet that's pretty much a bucket with a seat on it. Throw a heavy duty garbage bag in there and you're all set. I toss some dirt on top after to keep the smell at bay, and walk it to the garbage cans after one or two uses.

Warning: Though I'm trying to help you out with your planning, I might have inadvertently turned this thread into a discussion on toilets and hygiene. My bad if that happens

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 am Profile
Wanee Lover

NO worries!!

This is EXACTLY the info i am looking for. I am in primitive camping, so no running water AFAIK, but a shower and bucket toilet are VERY high on the list. I had the pallet idea also, and have a good Heat Treated one ready. (I have a bunch of other ones that are untreated pine, used for sod, that I am cutting up for firestarter.)

THANK YOU!!!

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:55 am Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Volkemon wrote:
I am also wondering on this one. I have the luxury of my Steel Tent, the VW bus. With a side tent. Should I make a major effort to have my own shower facilities?

May want to look at doing a camp toilet also.. I DONT think I have a grip on the scale of things here yet.. :lol:

What year is your Bus Volkemon? I've got an 85' Vanagon that I'll be camping in. Slept like a baby in that thing last year!

John Muir

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:54 am Profile
Wanee Master

MojoRising wrote:
Volkemon wrote:

What year is your Bus Volkemon? I've got an 85' Vanagon that I'll be camping in. Slept like a baby in that thing last year!

You woke up every hour crying? ;)

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:00 am Profile
Wanee Lover

1971 Bus. :) My favorite year for the bay windows.

I sleep like a BREAST FED baby in mine. :lol: Now I know thats a peaceful sleep.

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am Profile WWW
Wanee Fan

Jensen B Gator wrote:
MojoRising wrote:
Volkemon wrote:

You woke up every hour crying? ;)

Volkemon wrote:
1971 Bus. :) My favorite year for the bay windows.

I sleep like a BREAST FED baby in mine. :lol: Now I know thats a peaceful sleep.

Hahaha!! :lol: No, but I almost cried when I had to leave on Sunday. Bay windows are way cool! Where do you camp at Pokemon? I was camped close to 4 other Buses about the same year as yours. Thought it would be cool to have like a VW Bus Community camping all together. That would be cool. :D

John Muir

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:12 am Profile
 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next