Last visit was: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:57 pm It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:57 pm

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Guilty conscience...need advice 
Wanee Pro

Post Guilty conscience...need advice
I feel guilty because we have alot of friends we know coming to wanee but I'm not sure if I want to camp with them. I love my friends but I look at wanee as an escape meaning being responsible for my girlfriend and me alone. I have a nagging feeling that they could/would somehow bring down my experience (babysitting intoxicated people, not wanting to constantly be in a group) and i'm the only one who's been to wanee in the group and I don't want anything to hold me back lol. Am i wrong for thinking this or do some of you agree?

Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:40 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Guilty conscience...need advice
kyle_burg09 wrote:
I feel guilty because we have alot of friends we know coming to wanee but I'm not sure if I want to camp with them. I love my friends but I look at wanee as an escape meaning being responsible for my girlfriend and me alone. I have a nagging feeling that they could/would somehow bring down my experience (babysitting intoxicated people, not wanting to constantly be in a group) and i'm the only one who's been to wanee in the group and I don't want anything to hold me back lol. Am i wrong for thinking this or do some of you agree?

This is always a hard decision to make! Human nature to want to help your drunken ppl. And you should, but to that extent - it should NOT be expected on their part!!!!! You can always fade into the fog to "escape". I say this not being selfish, but understand your situation.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:38 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks Capt, another thing that is going to be a problem trying to camp with friends is because they haven't been they don't see the idea behind paying extra to go earlier. That's when i think I decided to ditch. If i could be there any earlier than wednesday I would

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:21 am Profile
Wanee Master

You should think of future repercussions, if they are truly "Friends" do you want to put a strain on it?
I'd sit them down and talk to them and lay it all out how you feel, chances are they'd understand. If they don't then jettison the unneeded cargo.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:33 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Large Groups = Compromises from everyone. Usually for the sake of theat "One Friend" we all have.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 am Profile
Wanee Lover

my advice..........visit all you want, but pick a spot for the two of you so you can get away when you need to.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:20 am Profile
Wanee Master

shaw23 wrote:
my advice..........visit all you want, but pick a spot for the two of you so you can get away when you need to.

WHAT HE SAID, ABSOLUTELY ^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:45 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Do you my friend. I'm all for helping people out, but from the sound of it you know you're going to be depended on to take care of the ones who can't hold their own. That's not fair of them and not fair on you. Nothing brings down your good time like trying to take care of others.

Camp alone on the principal that you'll be going early. Stop by and say hey, maybe catch a few shows with them and show them a few cool things you've learned. If they're real friends they'll get that and be appreciative of your company and insight into the park/festival. If they don't understand then you're just a tool they can use. Hopefully that latter isn't the case, but if it is, they're not really friends.

Hope my 2 cents helps you, brother. See you where the magic happens.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:37 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Getting away is pretty easy, really. If you are camping with people and want to get away, a trip to the porta john is a sure thing (unless you are female...they always go in groups).

If you are at a show the same tactic will work...and you can come back any time you want (if you can find them). I wander off alone alot!

No excuses needed if you disappear for a while. There are always distractions that can keep you away for hours. I know of one bluegrass player that was MIA for hours....his wife was a little concerned but not too bad.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:18 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I have done Wanee with just the wife as well as a group of friends and honestly had a better time with just the two of us. It was exhausting trying to please everyone. We still met up with friends and spent a lot of time with them but never had to answer to anyone when it was just the two of us.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:53 am Profile
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next