Last visit was: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:50 am It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:50 am

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Guilty conscience...need advice 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Guilty conscience...need advice
I'd just do you unless its a special circumstance. Last year was my brothers first year and it was two weeks before he was going to Kuwait so I let him lead the way. But he also understood that there were things I wanted to do or shows I wanted to see that he didn't and that is probably the most important thing. Let them know you want to camp with your lady and that yall will meet at the show. I would also tell them that it's a vacation for you and her and you don't necessarily want to spend the whole week hanging with them or taking care of them.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master

See? It can be done without offending anyone. This is YOUR Wanee too. As much as you want other people to enjoy it, remember you shouldn't be stressed worrying about others. Visit, mingle, then take your loved one to your happy place to recharge if needed.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:33 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Since you have more experience than them, try working into a conversation that there are so many things to see, hear and do at Wanee, that you won't be insulted if they want to go see or do something without you and hopefully they will see it the same way about you going off by yourself.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:13 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

RvrRat wrote:
Getting away is pretty easy, really. If you are camping with people and want to get away, a trip to the porta john is a sure thing (unless you are female...they always go in groups).

If you are at a show the same tactic will work...and you can come back any time you want (if you can find them). I wander off alone alot!
No excuses needed if you disappear for a while. There are always distractions that can keep you away for hours. I know of one bluegrass player that was MIA for hours....his wife was a little concerned but not too bad.

Really Rat....we haven't noticed!! :lol: :lol: But The Rat is right...you can wander away VERY easy at Wanee.... ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

How needy/clingy are your friends? It seems to me that if you're planning to arrive early and they don't see the point, that seems like the perfect out. It fills in quickly and it's a pain to save space.

Last year we had friends (who we actually would have loved camping with) who showed up a couple days after us and were swept into camping a WAYS away. We'd sort of run into each other....hang out....wander away....

In my experience, even if you PLAN to hang out with particular people, everything just scatters once you arrive.

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks for the advice everyone. I try to please everyone and I know that I would miss a show or end up catering to everyone else. This is MY Wanee dammit lol

Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

last year my buddy hit the vodka early and hard. he passed out and i drug him into the tent (at least most of him). i hit the shows and he hit the sack. worked for both of us.

Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:57 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

shaw23 wrote:
last year my buddy hit the vodka early and hard. he passed out and i drug him into the tent (at least most of him). i hit the shows and he hit the sack. worked for both of us.

Was his name....Tom? :lol:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

NCviper wrote:
Really Rat....we haven't noticed!! :lol: :lol: But The Rat is right...you can wander away VERY easy at Wanee.... ;)

Wanderin' RvrRat! Sounds like a good name for a band!

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:25 am Profile
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2