Last visit was: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:20 pm It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:20 pm




 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 The fishes 
Author Message
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 5874
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: The fishes
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
I don't know why they wouldn't....Trey played last year at Bear Creek on the Mushroom stage....and I am pretty sure several members of Phish played in different bands that same weekend there.
CShell can correct me if I am wrong....she was there and more of a fishy fan than I.



Absolutely correct, as I retreat into my dark little hole.

Trey's band killed it at Bear Creek (11.12.11), and Mike Gordon destroyed the Mushroom stage at Wanee (04.16.11).

My short-term memory has short-circuited.



I meant to say: as I ENTER A BLACK HOLE BACKWARDS!

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: The fishes
shockedpanic wrote:
The very first day at vegoose 1 in Las Vegas Nevada highlighted Trey Anastasio coming out with widespread panic and singing wars slipping into darkness

I never saw that coming and to this day , is amongst the coolest things I've seen

Trey and jb sharing!!!

I win. I love apples and oranges 8-)


But but but... You can't like both of them. That's like gonna tear the fabric of reality. Sorry, but for the safety of the entire known universe you have to pick just one.

_________________
The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean


Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:30 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 5874
Location: Brandon, Florida
Post Re: The fishes
The year was 1993, January. I was hanging on a Sunday at my favorite CD shop, Sound Exchange. Mike was working that day. He and I had talked a lot about music, things we like and so forth.

He walked over to me with two CDs in his hand and said, "I think you should listen to these." In his hand were Lawn Boy by Phish and Everyday by WSMFP. My life changed again that day (it had taken the course corrections over 11 Zappa shows, 4 Funkadelic shows, and my first Dead show (Lakeland 05.21.77).

My first Phish show was a month later (02.26.93 @ the Ritz in Ybor), and my first Panic attack was also at the Ritz (09.12.93).

There was no rip in the space-time continuum, but I definitely drifted Panic-ward. Looking forward to Phishing again (NO, not THAT kind of Phishing!).

_________________
"Bring the band on down behind me, boys." -- FZ

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles


Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:50 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 3984
Post Re: The fishes
tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Rivernole wrote:
I don't know why they wouldn't....Trey played last year at Bear Creek on the Mushroom stage....and I am pretty sure several members of Phish played in different bands that same weekend there.
CShell can correct me if I am wrong....she was there and more of a fishy fan than I.



Absolutely correct, as I retreat into my dark little hole.

Trey's band killed it at Bear Creek (11.12.11), and Mike Gordon destroyed the Mushroom stage at Wanee (04.16.11).

My short-term memory has short-circuited.


^^^Truth^^^ :)

_________________
Havin' a good time, here today
Watching the sun shine, matinee..


Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:09 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:03 pm
Posts: 845
Post Re: The fishes
mccjeff wrote:
shockedpanic wrote:
The very first day at vegoose 1 in Las Vegas Nevada highlighted Trey Anastasio coming out with widespread panic and singing wars slipping into darkness

I never saw that coming and to this day , is amongst the coolest things I've seen

Trey and jb sharing!!!

I win. I love apples and oranges 8-)


But but but... You can't like both of them. That's like gonna tear the fabric of reality. Sorry, but for the safety of the entire known universe you have to pick just one.

- shew! Thanks for saving me. I forgot we have to either be a ' blood' or a ' crip'.....
:lol: also, if someone insults phishs' music enough, it actually makes your favorite
bands' music actually sound better. :lol:


Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:16 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 3984
Post Re: The fishes
shockedpanic wrote:
The very first day at vegoose 1 in Las Vegas Nevada highlighted Trey Anastasio coming out with widespread panic and singing wars slipping into darkness

I never saw that coming and to this day , is amongst the coolest things I've seen

Trey and jb sharing!!!

I win. I love apples and oranges 8-)


New name for you... shockedphanic... :)

_________________
Havin' a good time, here today
Watching the sun shine, matinee..


Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:03 pm
Posts: 845
Post Re: The fishes
Take that back! Philthy mouth on u.

Panic is the soundtrack of my life. Phish was somewhere to go between widespread panic tours, but only if they were in uber close proximity to where I lived. And I could never see phish dead sober. When phish plays their watered down pseudo fake grass, it's time to pee. Hehe :lol:
There. That outta get my PH removed :lol: :lol: :lol:



A panic Sunday show in the middle of nowhere on tour is my church.


Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:06 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 3984
Post Re: The fishes
shockedpanic wrote:
Take that back! Philthy mouth on u.

Panic is the soundtrack of my life. Phish was somewhere to go between widespread panic tours, but only if they were in uber close proximity to where I lived. And I could never see phish dead sober. When phish plays their watered down pseudo fake grass, it's time to pee. Hehe :lol:
There. That outta get my PH removed :lol: :lol: :lol:



A panic Sunday show in the middle of nowhere on tour is my church.


:lol: :lol: :lol: Ok! You win!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Havin' a good time, here today
Watching the sun shine, matinee..


Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:11 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:10 pm
Posts: 700
Location: Orlando, FL
Post Re: The fishes
This thread made me laugh! I've got nothing to say except that I love Phish and Panic!!! Ahhhh!!!

I think we may have a Phish sighting again at the SOSMP!!!!!

_________________
~CShell~


Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 am
Posts: 2330
Post Re: The fishes
i just have to know..........................what kind of dog?


Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:07 pm Profile
 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot, chloerose2, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.