Last visit was: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 am It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:56 am

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Buddy Guy 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Buddy Guy
i ran across this on another music board. . .made me laugh. . .

oh s#%t. . .almost forgot my Buddy Guy story. . .well. . . I had indulged in a bit of everything and was feeling no pain. . .my crew left me at the gate to go see keller williams (wtf?) so I trudge to our spot just to the left of the mainstage alone, surrounded by a fuzz of faces and people. . .buddy fires up and starts playing. . .what an amazing showmen. . .then he starts his crowd interaction thing and I swear he is talking to me. . directly. . ..like everyone in the place knows it too. . .he's asking me if I have the blues, asking me where all my friends have gone. . .telling me I need to shake my ass a little more and that he's going to come show me how to do it. . .well, in the middle of this, my friend Kevin, who I havent seen in 7-8 years, picks me out of a crowd of 7-8k. . .blissful reunion. . .then I tell him. . ."Buddy is coming for us. . ."

Buddy walks through the crowd, about 200 deep, and beelines right for me and Kevin. . .literally. . .walks right up to us, looks me in the eye and rips a few notes. . .walks on. . .then he came back by again, looked me in the eye, and ripped another little solo. . .he played an amazing set. . .holy boomerific. . .

Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:21 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Buddy Guy
LOVE THAT STORY!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!! :D

Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:57 am Profile
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3