Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 pm It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:09 pm

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 That Southern charm and hospitality. 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: That Southern charm and hospitality.
Sounds like Ed had some rudeness thrown his way. However, I strongly adhere to the no chairs in the pit area at concerts, especially rock concerts.

I brought a chair, but as Dav or Panic said, I put it on the hill by the pine trees. I could sit and watch, or get up and boogie and had no problems.

A lot of people want to dance and groove and the pit (up front and center) is where this traditionally happens. Go to a metal or punk show (not that I like that) and put your chair in the pit, both you and your chair will be flying through the air.

take it... Seek knowledge from those wiser...
and teach those who wish to learn from me~

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Location: SWFLwhere Gregg,Matt,Dickey and several others lived and still live!
Dear Edgar, I have to comment on the G-ville thing...Living here most all of my life... did spend my summers up north...I find that the SOUTHERN Hospitality is far better in Northern Florida..I live in Sarasota/Bradenton, talk about some rudeness..when in No.Fl.,I find the gentlemen opened the doors for me more than they do down here,they are extremely down to earth people (ALL THIS is AS A RULE!) as there are some polite mannnerly people here as well! I used to travel to Gainesville weekly and looked forward to my trips there even though it ws to try save a puppies life...(which they did for over 13 1/2yrs) the people in the lodging & dining businesses most stores as well were just remarkable...I am sure that there are some not so nice ones there also? They seemed to go out of their way to help me with directions, info etc..I found this same VIBE at SRMP!!These trips went on for several years I have even made very good friends with some of the top vets in this country and Canada as a result of my frequent trips (went a few yrs back to Vancouver,BC, to visit my friend and his family talk about hospitality!) Anyhow this GA VS FL thing sucks in my book! It doesn't matter where you are from just use your manners people..and remember there will always be one bad apple in the basket!! I sure had one with us this trip :lol: :lol: God Bless all and Peace and Love shall someday RULE this world!!!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:16 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

;) Oh yeah I am certified handicapped and left my chairs in the car and did not attempt to even take them out!! After hearing all the BS about chairs and the Chair police...where were they anyhow :lol:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:17 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

No square dancing here ED! I could not dance at all for all the empty chairs in the way.I guess I could have moved them but that would inconsederate like the people that put them there.I dont care how early you put your chair out,they should not be allowed in front of stage.Sorry about your back and did not want to piss you off.Youll love the view from the hill.Check it out next time somebody gets in your way!!!!!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

JoBu wrote:
Sounds like Ed had some rudeness thrown his way. However, I strongly adhere to the no chairs in the pit area at concerts, especially rock concerts.

I brought a chair, but as Dav or Panic said, I put it on the hill by the pine trees. I could sit and watch, or get up and boogie and had no problems.

A lot of people want to dance and groove and the pit (up front and center) is where this traditionally happens. Go to a metal or punk show (not that I like that) and put your chair in the pit, both you and your chair will be flying through the air.

:lol: :lol: Now I know I will never go to one of those Thanks for the heads up on that one...can u see ole granny here flying thru the air :lol: :lol:

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:21 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

The point is, course everyone wants the same spot, if the hill has the prime view, have at it. People should fold up the chairs when ABB burns it. My back is tolerable, I can cut the grass and all, just aggrivates the condition to stand in the same spot all day. Great to take the force of gravity off it during changes. Frankly never an issue until Doobies and ABB. Just yanking people's chain with the "Southern charm." I'm from Oklahoma, got plenty of rednecks here, don't worry.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:42 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Hey its cool Ed you sit where you want no problems from me.I have lived in south Georiga my hole life and take offense when someone talks about it in a negative way.Its cool if you were jokeing.If you were by me and to go piss I would have saved your spot and no one would have got in your spot.PEACE ED!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Edgar wrote:
The point is, course everyone wants the same spot, if the hill has the prime view, have at it. People should fold up the chairs when ABB burns it. My back is tolerable, I can cut the grass and all, just aggrivates the condition to stand in the same spot all day. Great to take the force of gravity off it during changes. Frankly never an issue until Doobies and ABB. Just yanking people's chain with the "Southern charm." I'm from Oklahoma, got plenty of rednecks here, don't worry.
:lol: I thought for a minute you were my uncle or cuz ED?? :lol: Yeah I caught the last part of Doobies then managed to get up to the rail with two other 5'1" & under ladies like myself to see the ABB and dam if I didn't start getting bad spasms by the 3rd song...had to leave but still couldn't sit through them no matter what ! I found it very hard to keep my butt grounded at the xmas jam and still had to go stand off to the side to boogie in the balcony!!! Now the Mule the same thing...some bands you just have to stand up and shake ur bootie!!!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:02 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2