Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 pm It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:34 pm

[ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 First Show? 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: First Show?
grandmacracker wrote:
JamBandFanMan wrote:
JamBandFanMan wrote:

Rolling Stones - Voodoo Lounge Tour 1994

And might I add I was 8 at the time and my cool ass parents took me and my brother who was 11 to the show and since then I have been hooked on concerts.
Quoteth GMC......
That sir was some cool ass parentage...

I managed to get tickets to the Grateful Dead Tampa show in 1994 while taking my daughters aged 16, 13 and 11, down there on springbreak.....i wore that cool mom smile proudly, and my oldest still cant believe I got her tickets to see pink floyd for her 10th birthday....she went with her stepdad since I had to furk, but I was there in spirit :)

Would you accept that this was actually 04.07.95 at Tampa Stadium with the Black Crowes opening? Wonderful night, first day of spring break, 6 PM start.

04-07-95 Tampa Stadium, Tampa, Fl. (Fri)
1: Jack Straw, Peggy-O, Rooster, Loose Lucy, Masterpiece@, Visions Of Johanna> Promised
2: Eyes> Saint, Samba, Unbroken Chain> Corinna> Drumz> Easy Answers> Days Between> NFA E: U. S. Blues
Black Crowes opened

My two favorites were "Loose Lucy" and "Samba in the Rain." I hooked up with a taper at the Panic show 05.03.95 at Jannus Landing, and that is how I became involved with trading cassettes, then CDS and finally downloading shows.

Yes sir I would because I try to remember those years in terms of who was graduating and since it was my oldest daughter's springbreak of her senior year of high school it would have been 1995. Thank you for the nudge...and the Black crowes really killed it at that show, and my daughters were changed for the better musically from that day forth. :)

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Face to face, social distortion. Ministry

Green day opened for bad religion one yr at jannus. $5!
Place was 3/4 empty

Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:37 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

The classic radio station in Nashville was doing a halloween special and the listeners would call in with a creep or erie toon. I called in with Sympathy for the Devil. She said that was excellent and offered me a free six pack. I was underage at the time so i had to pass and she said "How about tix to see REO Speedwagon and Styx?" Yes please. A hell of alot better than a six pack. One of the only few things that were good about being under 21 ha.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:59 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Domo arigato mr roboto

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:05 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

shockedpanic wrote:
Domo arigato mr roboto

Surprisingly enough they didnt play that.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:27 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

George Strait in 92 or 93 at the BJCC I was 8ish it was awsome!

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:35 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Technically, the Warped Tour. I was somewhere between 12-14, which would make it 97-99 maybe. Biggest bands there were Sum 41, Alien Ant Farm, D12 (without Eminem). God, what a s#%tty first "concert" that was. But I don't really claim that. Following that closely, and what I call my first real concert, was Saves the Day, Blink 182, and Green Day. The following year I saw my first DMB show and that pretty much hooked me on concerts forever, and changed my outlook on music (and in a way, life really). Phish soon followed and the rest is history.....

Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:12 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

first one I remember going to and paying for was in high school at sunshine day dream. pretty sure dso, keller, sci, yonder, leftover salmon was there..... good times back there at Jerry Bash in the WV hills. Trip's farm used to be cool, some says it is again, dono maybe I'll go back again one day.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:02 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

kenbud wrote:
first one I remember going to and paying for was in high school at sunshine day dream. pretty sure dso, keller, sci, yonder, leftover salmon was there..... good times back there at Jerry Bash in the WV hills. Trip's farm used to be cool, some says it is again, dono maybe I'll go back again one day.

I went to many many fests at Trips. I loved that place, real family vibe. The last time I was there was for Jerry's Birthday Bash the year trip passed. It did start to get a major sketch vibe around the time after he died. The crew that took over didn't have Trips best interest at heart. It has been recently been taken over by the "Old Family" and they're slowly rebuilding.

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:32 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

I was fifteen yrs old and my parents took me to my first show. On the way they told me the dude played a flute.( i was already pissed to lose a weekend night with friends) Was not a happy camper to say the least. It was Jethro Tull. I had a awesome time and havnt been the same since. Still a huge fan today.... :lol: :lol:

Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:03 pm Profile
 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next