Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:19 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:19 pm

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Memories and Expectations 
Wanee Fan

Post Memories and Expectations
I always enjoy reminiscing in the weeks leading up to Wanee about past Wanee experiences. I think it would be fun for everyone to share your highlights of past Wanee trips and your expectations or hopes for this year.

I knew I was forever hooked during my first panic set back in 2010. The trees were shaking and the place was going nuts.

This year i'm definitely looking forward to an amazing mule set since we missed out last year.

So bring on the stories.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:29 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Memories and Expectations
2010 Panic was playing and Luther came out for a song. They played Slippin into Darkness as the sun was setting. So awesome.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:36 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I can't remember.
Serious, I can't wait to not remember again.
Okay, I just can't wait to say Wanee to everyone I pass, cause everyone there gets it....

I remember.. 2011, Warren Haynes Band. When Alfreda Gerald sang Broken Promised Land, my wife said I cried. Coulda been dust. I actually found her FB page thru my wifes page (don't have one, I stalk hers) and sent her a note of thanks. She graciously replied, thanked me and said some very kind words.
It wasn't dust.

Last edited by nomad on Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

A few years back, I was chillin' by the river, downstream from the canoe outpost, next to the old train trestle, when I hear some rythmic splashing and breathing coming from around the bend. Then a kayaker came into view paddling downstream like he's racing the devil. As he passed me in a blur, I realized that it was Steve Kimock. Selfishly I worried that he wouldn't make it back upstream (winded) in time for his set. Fortunately for all, my fears didn't come to fruition :lol:

Big wheel keep on turning
Proud Mary keep on burning
And we're rolling, rolling
Rolling on the river

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

kaaron wrote:
2010 Panic was playing and Luther came out for a song. They played Slippin into Darkness as the sun was setting. So awesome.

That was Epic. That year with Luther being there was great. NMA was whole back then, and J.J. Grey and Mofro killed it on the mushroom stage. I remember the whole crowd at the peach stage singing AIR and I don't even remember who was playing at this time. I felt like I had been transported through space and time.

The whipping post encore from ABB I think was last year, also a full-on out of this world experience.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:42 pm Profile
Wanee Master

roller6012 wrote:
The whipping post encore from ABB I think was last year, also a full-on out of this world experience.

+1

And I loved Taj joining ABB from the previous year..."Leavin Trunk"

Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

ReverendHugh wrote:
A few years back, I was chillin' by the river, downstream from the canoe outpost, next to the old train trestle, when I hear some rythmic splashing and breathing coming from around the bend.

:shock: That is NOT what I thought you were getting at. :o

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

frenchiejess wrote:
ReverendHugh wrote:
A few years back, I was chillin' by the river, downstream from the canoe outpost, next to the old train trestle, when I hear some rythmic splashing and breathing coming from around the bend.

:shock: That is NOT what I thought you were getting at. :o

Me either, although I did have that experience last year. To the two people on the loop last year who decided that 4:30 in the afternoon they should get in the back of their car with the hatch open and commence to performing the horizontal mamba I applaud you for your bravery, although their form was off slightly!

I thought of a new slogan. Piece...Love...Wanee!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:04 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

At Wanee in 2011 my buddy and I rolled up to the Lotus set at the musroom stage and took up a spot right behind the VIP viewing area fence. When Lotus came out after therir first song Luke looks out and sees that the VIP area isn't very full and its blocking the fans from getting all the way up to the stage. So he looks over and says " WTF is this?.....Come on everyone get the eff up here!" We didn't waste any time and jumped the fence followed by a wave of others. It all happend so fast securtiy had to let it go down. So I got to watch thwe whole show right up front.

Mindblowing!

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:05 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

2010 watching Umphree's McGee rockin on the Peach, when the rain came pouring down. Thinking they might back off to let the shower pass, they come out to the front of the stage and start playing Zep's Fool in the Rain. The crowd went absolutely wild and I danced my ass off, loving every second of it.

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:20 pm Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next