Last visit was: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 am It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Hammock campers? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Hammock campers?
Hammocks are the only way to go. Insulate it properly and put a nice tarp above it and you are golden. I get better sleep in my hammock than my bed most of the time.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:36 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Wolf1071 wrote:
Hammocks are the only way to go. Insulate it properly and put a nice tarp above it and you are golden. I get better sleep in my hammock than my bed most of the time.

Agreed and set up and takedown is a breeze.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:54 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

What kind of hammok would you guys prefer? Should I just try n find one on amazon or is there any certain kind I should get from yalls experience

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:53 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Long hair don't care wrote:
What kind of hammok would you guys prefer? Should I just try n find one on amazon or is there any certain kind I should get from yalls experience

I got mine from HammockBliss.com. dont get one with the sticks, get one that wraps you up like a cocoon.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:55 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Invest in the tree straps too, they save a lot of time and bark

Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

BigWinTrip wrote:

I got mine from HammockBliss.com. dont get one with the sticks, get one that wraps you up like a cocoon.

Sweet thanks brother. Hopefully will have one before Wanee.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:40 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

BigWinTrip wrote:

Sweet thanks brother. Hopefully will have one before Wanee.

info www.hammockforums.net not fo rteh hammock i advise one witha built in bug net such as a Grand trunk skeeter beeter 63 bucls on amazon , order some 1 inch heavy duty nylon straps 9 bucks for 30 yards worth on amazon and a good tarp and your all set

Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:17 am Profile
Wanee Lover

MRHEADY_NC wrote:
Spyderstan wrote:
Hammocks are okay if it doesn't get cold. That cold air on your backside while you sleep will ruin your next day.

Underquilts and a pad prevent this problem my setup is nearly cold and bulletproof

^Truth! Just got an insulation system for the wife's rig.

long hair don't care: check out the Hennessey Expidition http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/#hammock It runs 170 but is a kick ass hammcok and includes intrgal bug net, rain fly and tree straps. If you are still looking at Wanee look me up and I will demo my rig.

May go to REI this afternoon and cop some ENO Slap Straps with my rebate bucks. The new ones don't stretch nearly as bad as the old ones and they are REALLY convenient.

Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

mccjeff wrote:
MRHEADY_NC wrote:
Spyderstan wrote:
Hammocks are okay if it doesn't get cold. That cold air on your backside while you sleep will ruin your next day.

Underquilts and a pad prevent this problem my setup is nearly cold and bulletproof

long hair don't care: check out the Hennessey Expidition http://hennessyhammock.com/catalog/#hammock It runs 170 but is a kick ass hammcok and includes intrgal bug net, rain fly and tree straps. If you are still looking at Wanee look me up and I will demo my rig.

May go to REI this afternoon and cop some ENO Slap Straps with my rebate bucks. The new ones don't stretch nearly as bad as the old ones and they are REALLY convenient.

Very nice stup you have indeed . I looked into them and only with with the grandtrunk due to price/ Mine has integrated net as well
Although I did have to purchase a hammock tarp and straps etc etc i ended up with about 150 into my setup. But as you know Mcjeff best sleeping in the world ..And hello from NC as well not to far actually

Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:29 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

mccjeff wrote:
MRHEADY_NC wrote:
Spyderstan wrote:

Sweet thaks for all the help MccJeff and MRHEADY. I would definately like to see what yall got going on with yours. It sounds like yall dont even need a tent lol. If anything we should still get together and have few brews and share some stories. 18 days!!!

Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:34 pm Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next