Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:33 pm It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:33 pm

[ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Wanee Fan

Post Re: RANT!
I'll drink to that!!

John Muir

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:10 am Profile
Wanee Master

As numerous others have suggested, just follow the reecommendation of our mothers:

FEED A FEVER, STARVE A TROLL.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:22 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I use this simple meter to determine if I should be offended.
Maybe I should add this as a signature line for every post.
Disclaimer...
My sense of humor should not be taken seriously, or any comment taken personally.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:42 am Profile
Wanee Master

Spyderstan wrote:
I use this simple meter to determine if I should be offended.
Maybe I should add this as a signature line for every post.
Disclaimer...
My sense of humor should not be taken seriously, or any comment taken personally.

Looks like your reading and mine are about the same. ;)

Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:46 am Profile
Wanee Master

I have a VU meter as the home screen on my phone. Linda says, "What IS that?"

Oh, well...

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:07 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

I love you Adam! :D :D :D This forum isn't as bad as most for negativity but it still happens, and will as long as there are humans with different points of view. We are unfortunately an imperfect and emotionally driven species. Don't take it personally and walk away when it gets you down. And remember two things: 1) There is more positive here than negative. 2) We will be at the SOSMP in less than 2 weeks and all negativity will be forgotten. :D :D :D

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:29 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

treehugger wrote:
I love you Adam! :D :D :D This forum isn't as bad as most for negativity but it still happens, and will as long as there are humans with different points of view. We are unfortunately an imperfect and emotionally driven species. Don't take it personally and walk away when it gets you down. And remember two things: 1) There is more positive here than negative. 2) We will be at the SOSMP in less than 2 weeks and all negativity will be forgotten. :D :D :D

:) :) :)

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:46 am Profile
Wanee Master

All true. Here is the thing I don't understand, and I strongly suspect I never will.

There are bands I just don't care for, and some general musical genres as well. SO I JUST AVOID THEM. I don't have a spare second of my precious time to tell you what bands I dislike or don't get or that don't get me off or whatever.

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR DISLIKES BUT YOU, and you're wasting your time worrying about all that negative stuff.

Share with us positive, pretty things.

[And I am still atoning for my uncalled-for remark about a certain band's phans. I need to take my own advice more often.]

Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:53 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I'm with Keeb, I had to leave last year due to unplanned circumstances. Definitely met the best bunch of people at Waneetopia.

Can't wait to come back in a few weeks.
I plan on having my band play at Wanee and would be honored to do so!

Just received my Tix Yesterday!

I have decided to keep off the Forum between the time the Lineup comes out and the Ticket is in my hand just to not be offended by trolls.

Wanee is about good Vibes. It's a beautiful festival ground. If you can, get up really early and walk it. Amazing!

The sooner everyone leaves their negativity at work, or wherever it manifests from, the better.

In here, and at the Fest, it's your chance to leave the rat race behind for a few days. To experience humanity.

The first thing that every new camper/Festy should know is planning correctly will improve your experience regardless of weather or band lineup.
New Campers, need to imagine yourselves when your not grinning ear to ear dancing to some crazy band at the mushroom stage. You need to imagine, Peeing, or sleeping, or eating or changing, or anything else that you can think of while you are away from home.
Some people don't understand because they always have camped, some people have not. Hard to bridge the gap.
Camping was what I did when I was a teen, I don't believe it's the rage, now a days.

The Lineup, I have the most fun with the Undercard, it's unpredictable.

Sometimes it's just a Forum thing.

Forums are great, but some people feel the need to be sarcastic, territorial and extra negative for some reason.

The forum For Roo is so full of negativity that I built a website for people who are positive. It even has a Wanee section.(http://www.bonnarootips.com)

This Forum is basically ran by some of the most experienced, down to earth, kind, generous music lovers I have ever met.
If someone has anything negative to say they are most likely jealous of all the Good Times that get posted here.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Albert Einstein

www.Bonnarootips.com

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:59 am Profile WWW
Wanee Mushroom

Don't let them see you sweat. Pay the positive vibes forward. :arrow:

Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:08 pm Profile
 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next