Last visit was: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:37 am It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:37 am

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 virgin wanee 
Wanee Lover

Post virgin wanee
Cannot wait for the great vibes.
Need a camp site close to entrance, not into walking 30 minutes for a show. Need experienced info for everything, sun and h2o (are camelbacks allowed). Where is a site map and band time schedule? Is my car at my campsite or do I need my red wagon to haul my gear? Bonnaroo got to dusty and the line up, mr. west, too weird. Music Midtown got cancelled and this looks and sounds too good to be true! Already bought my tickets because EVERYONE that I have talked to that has participated LOVES this festival.

Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:52 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: virgin wanee
Okay, relax. I dug deeper. Looked up different places and got the site map, what I can bring etc. Sounds like a really laid back and flexible venue. How about this question: Shaded, childless, singles camping area? Any favorites out there?

Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:03 am Profile
Wanee Lover

The ticket to the festival includes primitive camping. Primitive camping is any location inside the park that is not an upgraded site. An upgraded site is a specific site inside the Park that you pay extra for.

If you have a camper or you are camping next to your car and you want to have water and electricity hook-ups it costs $109 extra for the 3 nights. You have to arrange with this the park. The camping rules apply to VIP tickets as well. You get VIP parking, which is outside the park, but only primitive camping is included.

Don’t worry about the repeat questions, people are very helpful here. If you have any specific questions you should call the park at (386) 364-1683. They are so nice and will answer any question you have. Also when you arrive, you will find the park employees to be super nice and a pleasure to deal with.

http://musicliveshere.com/sosmpmap.gif

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

L2S, me too. Thank you for your kind words. I was feeling like a outsider. My first time and coming solo, I was feeling jammed. I looked at the satellite map and realize that tent camping space is abundant. Also looked at some pictures and am already feeling the love.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:16 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I hope this isn't a dumb question. When looking at the map, you see many numbered sites. Are these all general admission first come, first serve? I see there is an area marked with a dotted line for members. I assumed these are upgrade sites for rv's or something. But are all the other numbered sites primitive? Is there any way to know where the upgraded sites are? For example, if I want to camp in spot #43 in the loop, and no one's there, can I take it? I reserved a site with water and electric in the "special persons" area. The site is "J" On the map, it only shows numbered sites, and the special persons sites aren't detailed like sites in the loop or along river road. It just shows "special persons sites 1-71", etc. on an area of the map. Someone has me worried because they are sayng these are the sites right behind the stage which are very unshaded on the satellite view. If that's the case, I may give it up and go with a primitive site. When I'm camping, I like a wooded setting, not one next to a sausage vendor. And I definitely want shade in Florida in June. And advice or info is appreciated.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The numbered sites are the reserved upgraded sites.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:00 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

liketosmoke wrote:
The numbered sites are the reserved upgraded sites.

All of them? So, I don't get it. Where is the primitive camping? And, since every road basically has numbered sites, side by side, you have to park your car along the road and walk through someone elses camp to get to yours? That doesn't sound right..

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:16 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

kujobie wrote:
I reserved a site with water and electric in the "special persons" area. The site is "J" On the map, it only shows numbered sites, and the special persons sites aren't detailed like sites in the loop or along river road. It just shows "special persons sites 1-71", etc. on an area of the map. Someone has me worried because they are sayng these are the sites right behind the stage which are very unshaded on the satellite view. If that's the case, I may give it up and go with a primitive site. When I'm camping, I like a wooded setting, not one next to a sausage vendor. And I definitely want shade in Florida in June. And advice or info is appreciated.

Little to no shade in that area and its high traffic with lots of people coming and going. That can also make it dusty. Its really only suitable to RVs. I'd personally pick another spot.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:44 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Here's the scoop. Primative camping is (most) anywhere, and everywhere. Primative Camping is the part of the park that is NOT part of the Reserved (numbered)Sites ($$$) or mowed grass. There are 100's of acres of wooded areas. Plenty of woods for tents to be everywhere. Interestingly enough, somehow we Primitive campers organize ourselves into structured communites (walkway is here, throw dish water there, and PISS way over there. etc) . -- Primative is primative. There are bathhouse/showers located through out the park. Check-out the map, locate near one. Do NOT camp in a drum circle. Even the Drum dudes don't camp in the drum circles. Drum Cirlcles are indentified in the packet. Look for it. Here's the real trick, go the day/eve before. Pay the regular over-night camp fee ($20.) check out the park, and pick the site that's perfect for you. See all there. :ugeek:

Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks. Good info. Can anyone tell me where the drum circle/s usually are? I definitely don't want to be camped there. We can party with the best of them, but at 3 a.m., I'd like to be able to get a few hours of sleep.

Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:14 pm Profile
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next