Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 river camping 
Wanee Fan

Post river camping
is there places to camp near the river that are not just for reserved camping?

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:49 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: river camping
There are plenty of good spots down River Road, never camped directly on the river if that's what you are asking, although that would be cool.

John Muir

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Pretty sure there are. Anywhere not specifically "reserved" is fair game. I think.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Master

there are a lot of "reserved" spots on River Road....but there are many locations available. Just make sure you don't get in a reserved spot. You should not have any problem finding one.....that is...if you get there early enough. And even then you will still probably be able to secure a spot. That is a long open area.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:09 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

River Road is a very long road with plenty of spots. There are a few reserved but they are all marked clearly with water power /hookups...everything else is fair game. You can absolutely camp near the river, we have twice now. I cant tell you the super top secret heady spots just yet because we are in a race to get there first ;) The river is a little bit of a walk from the main entrance just because how everything is set up but its worth it in my opinion. Just look for tapestries and tents, your there :) haha

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:54 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]