Last visit was: Tue May 31, 2016 12:06 pm It is currently Tue May 31, 2016 12:06 pm

[ 5 posts ] 
 Easy Walk to Mushroom Stage 
Wanee Gnome

Post Easy Walk to Mushroom Stage
This is my first Wanee. I'm older with arthritis and am looking for a recommendation for a fairly close primate camp site in a wooded area close to the stage with not too much traffic on it (some of us like to sleep some). Any suggestions from any regulars out there? I will be arriving on Tuesday and will be primitive camping.

Also, can you park next to your campsite or do you have to park elsewhere?

Thanks.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Easy Walk to Mushroom Stage
TerrapinATL wrote:
This is my first Wanee. I'm older with arthritis and am looking for a recommendation for a fairly close primate camp site in a wooded area close to the stage with not too much traffic on it (some of us like to sleep some). Any suggestions from any regulars out there? I will be arriving on Tuesday and will be primitive camping.

Also, can you park next to your campsite or do you have to park elsewhere?

Thanks.

You park next to your campsite. The Lake stays alive pretty late. Just drive around until you find a decent spot. It will be Tuesday, so don't be in a hurry. Ask people and meet potential neighbors. You won't offend anyone by asking if they stay up late, or go to bed early.

Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:03 pm Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Close to stages that are quiet?

Don't see that happening.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:02 am Profile
Wanee Lover

To the OP: get earplugs. I wear them for sleeping when camping. Doesn't cut off all the noise, but reduces the din.

As a guy with bad knees myself, I'd say a good spot trumps finding a quiet place. Arriving Tuesday, your spot won't stay quiet, but you'll still be close. Have the earplugs, and stock up on the Aleve 8-)

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:18 am Profile
♫♫ Wanee Master ♫♫

Better yet, Percocet and Don Julio :twisted:

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:45 pm Profile
 [ 5 posts ]