Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:35 pm

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 I wanna see some VW Buses/Campers! 
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: I wanna see some VW Buses/Campers!
Count me in along with "Chugs," my '78 VW Bus. Dunno where I'll be camping yet, but she's a two-tone blue & white with a sliding roof and a double roof rack. All VW Bus/Vanagon enthusiasts are invited to stop by if you spot my campsite. My buddy Phred is an old air-cooled VW mechanic and will be making the trip with me (nice insurance). If your Bus/Vanagon has issues at the fest, he'll be available to help you out. Hope to meet some of you next week! Keep truckin'.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

chinarider022474 wrote:
Count me in along with "Chugs," my '78 VW Bus. Dunno where I'll be camping yet, but she's a two-tone blue & white with a sliding roof and a double roof rack. All VW Bus/Vanagon enthusiasts are invited to stop by if you spot my campsite. My buddy Phred is an old air-cooled VW mechanic and will be making the trip with me (nice insurance). If your Bus/Vanagon has issues at the fest, he'll be available to help you out. Hope to meet some of you next week! Keep truckin'.

Sounds like you have a great backup plan if things get a little hairy! Where you at Wanee last year?

John Muir

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Wow Volkeman!!!! Nice decor! :mrgreen: :!: :mrgreen:

I want to leave work right now so I can go home and decorate!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Thank you!

She is between outfits at the moment, so will be in a 'Plain Brown Wrapper' this trip. Although I could see bringing paint and letting people paint it at Wanee.. :idea: :o

The things that go through my mind sometimes...

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

Here's a couple Wanee vids on Youtube where VW Vans make appearances.

43 Seconds in you see a Blue Vanagon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QhgYIodcyY

20 seconds in you see an older Bus with what looks like the large Bus Depot Awning. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllMNr17Hdk

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:00 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

MojoRising, yes, I was there last year. Ol' Chugs and I are East Coast fest vets. Originally from NW PA, now settled in SW FL (Fort Myers area). Should be rolling into SOSMP sometime Wed afternoon. It would be great if we could get a bus camp going; have a rendezvous point or something then grab some real estate together. Last year when my old lady made the trip with us I attached the VW camper tent, but decided to go with an easy-up this time. Much less work. Gonna try for something close to the pond, but those spaces will probably have been snapped up by then.

Anyway, I'll reiterate my invite to all Bus/Vanagon freaks to stop by and introduce yourselves. Swap some good road stories, show memories and whatnot. We're the Battered Bastards of Bonita Beach and we're coming to rage.

Peace.
Scott

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I am looking to be there Tuesday AM. 6-7AM. Maybe earlier. Work is over Monday at ~9AM. (~1/2 day. I start at 4. )

Mojo suggested an area near the river and water...and the upper area near the canoe shop seems ideal. I am going to search out the area.

My First Wanee!!! Soooo..... I have NO real idea WTH I am talking about. Just crosseyed from looking at the google map, camp maps, etc etc. Will try to be texting out, dunno on MetroPCS service there. I have a few signs I will bring and try to put up.

But for now, river road. Between road and river. closer to beach end. I am VERY willing to take advice on different.

And I will have hose hookup to pressured water for all the Buses* that can. Bringing 18 gal of potable water containers that i can dolly to a source. I do not have a good shower/ latrine tent yet. have a few clean PT pallets for decking. Have a 'portable loo' lid for a 5gal bucket. Bags and scented litter should make this a good late night 'avoid the hike' alternative.

*I call everything from a splitty to a routan a Bus. :)

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:26 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Gnome

My best advice is to grab something under the trees and near a landmark that'll allow you to find your way back to your campsite at night. All paths look the same in the dark, especially if one's senses have been, um, "enhanced."

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:50 am Profile
Wanee Fan

chinarider022474 wrote:
MojoRising, yes, I was there last year. Ol' Chugs and I are East Coast fest vets. Originally from NW PA, now settled in SW FL (Fort Myers area). Should be rolling into SOSMP sometime Wed afternoon. It would be great if we could get a bus camp going; have a rendezvous point or something then grab some real estate together. Last year when my old lady made the trip with us I attached the VW camper tent, but decided to go with an easy-up this time. Much less work. Gonna try for something close to the pond, but those spaces will probably have been snapped up by then.

Anyway, I'll reiterate my invite to all Bus/Vanagon freaks to stop by and introduce yourselves. Swap some good road stories, show memories and whatnot. We're the Battered Bastards of Bonita Beach and we're coming to rage.

Peace.
Scott

chinarider022474 wrote:
My best advice is to grab something under the trees and near a landmark that'll allow you to find your way back to your campsite at night. All paths look the same in the dark, especially if one's senses have been, um, "enhanced."

Ft. Myers, have you heard of Sunshine Auto Garage, they are in Ft. Myers and only work on VW's. They do some really nice paint jobs and restorations. I'll try and find you guys and make sure to swing by to say hello sometime Wednesday after I arrive. Like Volkemon said, I will be back on River Road somewhere. Great advice on making sure to find a landmark because the first time I attended SOSMP for Blackwater Music Fest, I got lost at night and had no flashlight, yiiikes!! Here is my number 561-452-6322, so if you don't find anything by the pond, I'll be down on River Road somewhere. Feel free to stop on by and look for a Blue Vanagon (avatar). Safe travels my friend! :D

John Muir

Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:41 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Volkemon has landed at Wanee and is set up down River Road. He is pass the Grand Hall and Bath House just pass the port o lets and the 2 Dixie flags. I'll be ariving tomorrow afternoon and camping with them and then making my rounds through the park on my bike to say hello to all the other VW Campers. Safe travels everyone! :)

John Muir

Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:10 pm Profile
 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next