Last visit was: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:25 am It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:25 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 That Southern charm and hospitality. 
Wanee Gnome

Post That Southern charm and hospitality.
Still digging some glorious wanee muck from between my toes. Hearing is almost back to normal after the assult from gov't Mule and my yard is unruly from neglect- damm it were worth it. Nice production all involved.
Great food vendors. Able to get my proper festival nourishment so I wasn't seeing two of Greg when ABB burned it up. Far cry from the usual corn dog, cheese whiz nachos fare. Enjoyed the falafel. It ain't a loofah to use on your mistress bill o'reiley.

Met plenty of friendly people having a time. To the guy that yelled after me when he noticed a wad of tickets fall from my pocket- bless you brother. Think all out there would be on the same page. And the guy who busted my chops acting like he couldn't free his leg from the trench cut for the power cables- good one. Still makes me laugh. The "Lick Breast(cancer)" camp-aign, great marketing. I bought a shirt. Good luck ladies. And Derek Trucks is right on the $- the Mushroom Stage is indeed a magical place.
One loud bummer I'm afraid- the lack of civility and downright hostility of people jostling to wheedle their way up front. People, just because there is 6" of terra in front of me doesn't mean I want your drunk jerk ass in my personal space. Then they'd act like you're the jerk. I took the covered wagon from Indian Territory to get to Wanee, arrived before noon, set up a very compact lawn chair, sat through all the fine young blandishments so I'd have a nice view, and you're going to roll in from Gainsville and steal my spot while off taking a whizz. that ain't right. Argued it was all ga seating- no s#%t, that's why I had my breakfast at Wanee slacker. One glowering hulk, who I don't recall seeing in the area all day, wasn't going to let me pass by him to get to my spot until I enlisted the help of the vet I'd talked to earlier who gave me a "he's ok" endorsement. FU! redneck bonehead, least that's what I thought as I meekly passed by. Hadn't seen Susan play in a decade. Guy shows up with his buddie. Tell him right away it's my buddie's space who's gone for a piss. I'll move when he returns he assures me. Hell no he didn't. Lying piece. Stood in front of us wearing a cowboy hat. I was cordial at first, must admit then became a jark about the matter, to no avail. It was like we were the ones being unreasonable. Must say, Susan's playing's improved- what she married to Derek Truks or something. I know they want it to be a no hassle groovefest, but there is a reason why communes quickly metasticized into faction, part of the group does all the work, and the rest show up late and want to smoke your herb. I'm a friendly generous person, just the hostility harshed the mellow, dude. Some fricken walkways would be nice as well. Hell wading through the chairs and crowd.
Had a great time mostly, sure I'll be back if I hadn't irked people. Little Feat both nights next year! They have a loyal following.

Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:11 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: That Southern charm and hospitality.
people have been wheedling their way up front since the begining
of time. It's the nature of the beast. Chairs just get in the way.....

Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:15 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Well if that's the case, rather than being considerate and setting up a very compact chair, next year I'm bringing wide ass chairs with the leg rest built in, and be a total johnson right off the bat to any wheedling slackers. Peace brother.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

you go Edgar!! I like your spunk!!

chair or no chair, the thing is BE CONSIDERATE. sounds like Edgar tried hard, others didn't try so hard towards Edgar. I'm with Edgar on this one. :D

Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Southern charm was alive and well where I camped.I hadnt been there 10 mins. when 2 guys from GAINESVILLE helped me set up camp.I didnt know these guys but ended up becoming good friends.The chair situation is always a problem and someone usually gets upset.I think one way to fix this problem is put chairs on hill to the right of the stage and in the back!You can see stage good on hill to the right.Leave the middle for standing room only like every other GA concert.People putting chairs out and not sitting in them all day SUCK! I for one could not get close to stage for all the empty chairs in the way.Chairs should not be allowed up front.There is always way more people standing than sitting.CHAIRS ARE RUDE ED!!!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:10 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Im sorry did I say right of stage I ment left of stage on hill great place to SIT AND WATCH.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:20 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Im with panic,chairs up front SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!and are selfish!!!!!!!

http://mulearmy.proboards.com/index.cgi?

Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:50 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

im gonna have to say that the charm was there from many people. i love that thick, heavy, southern accent. its so not philadelphia. guys were polite and friendly, eagar to share breakfast and beers. Always entertaining and fun to be around. wanna go to mag fest but not actually sure yet.

but overall, very courteous and friendly bunch of people

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Davharry you said it all brother.People like you are welcome anytime.Yall come back now ya here!!!

Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:26 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

So I were to be all groovy about the tall guy wearing the cowboy hat that stood in front of me during Susan's show, or the redneck that wouldn't let me pass. I saw some inconsiderate people in lawn chairs no doubt, guy with the leg rest extended into the aisle, a couple of lounge chairs laid out in what were the walkway, one guy with several chairs set up, that blows, definately selfish. Myself had a very compact chair. Had my own very special jackass moment in the early 20s at the local pool left with a vertebrae compression, if I'd stood all day would have missed the next. People folded the chairs when ABB burned it up.
If they change Wanee setup, I'll live with it because what a gas. Right now if you want a prime spot, show up at 10, have a nice breakfast burrito, cup o' fair trade joe, buy a shirt. It ain't chairs that kill people panic, it's the people that are rude. Trying to put the gray beards on an ice floe like the Eskimos. If the hill has such a prime view panic, doseedo up there. I certainly managed to boogie in the small piece of turf I elbowed out, and no one got suffocated. Sure the chair nation and the square dance club can live in peace dude. Always shared the peace pipe. Had a beautiful time.

Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:03 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next