Last visit was: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:36 pm

[ 4 posts ] 
 Warren before the rain 
Wanee Peach

Post Warren before the rain

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:26 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Post Re: Warren before the rain
heh I remember this day. It started to really begin the downpour and I knew that warren was gonna cut it. I kept saying "awww, baby warren doesn't want his distortion pedals to get wet." This quickly turned into "Awww, Warren pooped his pants again." By the end of that weekend thousands of people believed that Warren Haynes pooped in his pants. epic

The news kept saying that the downpour was going to be "torrential." People started leaving after warren cut it. 30 mins later the rain stopped for good. Further punched mother nature in the face that day, cleared the skies (and the crowd), and proceeded to play an amazing and intimate set that night.

From our campsite that night, all that could be heard was "TORRENTIAL MY @$$.....oh, and warren pooped himself again..."

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:32 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I was headed over to hear Mule, and the skies opened up. I hightailed it back to my car (my only shelter, as I wasn't camping). It was the middle of the afternoon and I was ready for some lunch... W/ no music for a bit, I figured I might as well eat. I gathered my cold cuts & fixin's outta the cooler in the trunk, and somehow made a bigass sammich for me and the boy, who hung throughout the downpour on the rail. This was quite a trick, as I was borrowing my wife's Corolla for this Wanee (since my van was having issues at the time), and I am not small in the circumference dept; I made the giant sub while sitting in the driver's seat, operating a sharp knife & etc. on the copilot seat :? ... anyhoo, I waited out the rain, packed Mikey's half sammich for traveling, and delivered it to him, working my way through the freaks all getting dried up and primed up, waiting for Further. I got a few Dad bonus points from the boy for that; he was starving, and as usual when there's great music, he lets minor things like sustenance fall to the wayside.

Cheated of the full dose of Mule... indeed, it was a bummer. But I gotta say that white Firebird with the gold hardware and P90s looks mighty SWEET!!! 8-)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:52 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
Cheated of the full dose of Mule... indeed, it was a bummer. But I gotta say that white Firebird with the gold hardware and P90s looks mighty SWEET!!! 8-)

That is an axe!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 pm Profile
 [ 4 posts ]