Last visit was: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:44 am It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:44 am

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 BIG Hula Hoops 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: BIG Hula Hoops
Spyderstan wrote:
lilgamoma wrote:
And what kind of tubing is it? Blue? Is it gas tubing or polypro? I might be interested if it's not too heavy.

It is PEX water tubing by Sharkbite.
What do you think?
Is it a good weight?
http://www.cashacme.com/_images/pdf_dow ... _no_o2.pdf

My 1st hoop was PEX tubing. ;) I could use a few big hoops for when I'm public hooping...I always end up giving them away.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:02 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

lilgamoma wrote:
My 1st hoop was PEX tubing. ;) I could use a few big hoops for when I'm public hooping...I always end up giving them away.

Thanks for your input. Wasn't too sure about the material. I'm making it work. If I see you at Wanee, I'd like you to have one. Weekend after Wanee, I am chairperson of the Daytona 200 M/C Spring Fling, for 3rd year in a row. Murder Mystery Dinner Party Game Friday Night. Games all day Saturday. The other new hoops will not go to waste.

Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Spyderstan wrote:
lilgamoma wrote:

Thanks for your input. Wasn't too sure about the material. I'm making it work. If I see you at Wanee, I'd like you to have one. Weekend after Wanee, I am chairperson of the Daytona 200 M/C Spring Fling, for 3rd year in a row. Murder Mystery Dinner Party Game Friday Night. Games all day Saturday. The other new hoops will not go to waste.

I'll be around Waneetopia & the M&G. :) If you have trouble with connectors you can always use rivets. That's the only issue I've heard of with pex.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:47 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

lilgamoma wrote:
If you have trouble with connectors you can always use rivets. That's the only issue I've heard of with pex

go to a plumbing outlet or local building supply store that sells plumbing parts (or one of the big boxes that I hate :oops: , {shouldn't use that word on her}) and try barb couplings....they are made to work with pex...or try flair-it couplings...also made to work with pex. Both are cheap. I would put a staple or something in it to help hold in place.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:03 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks everyone for your input. Next time, I'll try a different tubing than PEX. It cost double over the black tubing, and same for the connectors. Not sure it is worth it. That said, my blue hoop is beautiful. Too bad I suck at using it without more practice. I'm still a little stiff, recovering from a motorcycle high-side at JGP. I used a GoPro clamping mount over the connector, and it is secure so far. I ordered an aftermarket mount that I want to try to rivet on to reduce weight, but it is shipping from China and scheduled to arrive the day before I leave for Wanee, so I may have to wait and try it next event.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:51 am Profile
Wanee Pro

Thank you China. The parts I wanted to finish my Hoop arrived today.
I have some Florida swag for any Hooper that wants to try it out, with or without GoPro attachment. And a cool gift for the best. I'm at HC52.
I'm ready for fun.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:46 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

#%!F! Hula Hoops.

It didn't used to bother me that much that I was hoop-challenged; then wifey had our 2nd son. He has her skillz; by the time he was 3 he could keep that damn hoop up for the entire day, even while distracted laughing at me/mocking me as mine fell to the ground faster than the pace called for by the law of gravity.

I hate those damn things. :)

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

SeaPA wrote:
#%!F! Hula Hoops.

It didn't used to bother me that much that I was hoop-challenged; then wifey had our 2nd son. He has her skillz; by the time he was 3 he could keep that damn hoop up for the entire day, even while distracted laughing at me/mocking me as mine fell to the ground faster than the pace called for by the law of gravity.

awhhhh now, don't be hatin' on the hoops- hoop love instead! :mrgreen:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:32 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

SeaPA wrote:
#%!F! Hula Hoops.

Ha ha, I feel your pain. I've had too many broken bones to do it.
Making a Hoop was a challenge from other attendees, because of my GoPro. http://richardsonitpro.com/

But I love Hoopers. Met a young mom and daughter at the JJ Grey & Mofro concert. I hope she and/or lilgamoma show us some moves.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:18 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Thanks to everyone who participated in the GoPro Hula Hoop endeavor we did over at HC52. Only stills pics were taken so any wardrobe type malfunctions could be easily deleted.
Just finished a 11:41 video(slide show format so no one will get dizzy watching) with music soundtrack. It will not be posted by me on any internet site. If any participant wants a copy, send me a PM.
The 2013 Wanee GoPro Hoop Award, for most prolific, best action, and most fun is...

Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:27 am Profile
 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2