Last visit was: Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 am It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:25 am

[ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Kid friendly? 
Wanee Gnome

Post Kid friendly?
Hey,
We are first timers to Wanee. Is it kid friendly? We have a 3, 6, and 9 year old. Would you recommend that we bring them or just stay home? Thanks for any and all feedback :D

Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:22 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Kid friendly?
I have seen plenty of kids there, and they are fine....

with that being said, and my personal opinion.....Leave them home...

They WILL be exposed to things that young children shouldn't.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:27 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Leave 'em home for Wanee. MagFest is much more kid friendly. Bring 'em to that one instead, you'll be glad you did.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:03 am Profile
Wanee Lover

dinahmoehumm wrote:
Leave 'em home for Wanee. MagFest is much more kid friendly. Bring 'em to that one instead, you'll be glad you did.

i was coming to say this

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

There are a couple of threads on here where all opinions are given about kids (including what we should refer to them as), and we fight with each other. Its alot of fun. I will see if I can find it. The Opinions range from:

"I would never leave them behind. I homeschool my kids, and we sell hemp rope, so I need their little fingers to hand make bracelets. by the way have you seen my children lately"

To:

"Leave your damn kids behind. What kind of parent are you? If you do bring 'em, keep em away from me!"

TC summed it up. They will be exposed. They will also be respected as long as they arent wandering free. I think most people have children and leave them behind, so that Mom and Dad can have more fun.

2 cents: I bring mine to Magfest and Springfest. Wouldn't bring them to Wanee.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:15 am Profile
Wanee Gnome

Thanks everyone! This definitely helped me make my decision.

Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:32 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

If you DO bring your kids to Magfest, let me know. My 3 kids are the exact same ages as yours!

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...

Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Lover

nickyler wrote:
There are a couple of threads on here where all opinions are given about kids (including what we should refer to them as), and we fight with each other. Its alot of fun. I will see if I can find it. The Opinions range from:

"I would never leave them behind. I homeschool my kids, and we sell hemp rope, so I need their little fingers to hand make bracelets. by the way have you seen my children lately"

To:

"Leave your damn kids behind. What kind of parent are you? If you do bring 'em, keep em away from me!"

TC summed it up. They will be exposed. They will also be respected as long as they arent wandering free. I think most people have children and leave them behind, so that Mom and Dad can have more fun.

2 cents: I bring mine to Magfest and Springfest. Wouldn't bring them to Wanee.

THIS ↑↑↑

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:15 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

As a parent myself I say no one can make this decision for you. You know your own children and what you want them exposed to. At Wanee there are more people and perhaps less children but that is the only difference form the other festivals. Do what your heart tells you.

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:16 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Of course, these answers and opinions will vary across the board. I have been coming the the Music Park for over 20 years now. Been to all the WANEE's, many Springs, Mags, Jams, etc. I now have a 6 year son. He has practically grown up at the park. We only live 30 minutes away. He has been to 4 WANEE's, and many other festivlas as well. He is very familiar with the campground and surroundings. He usually only hangs out with me on Thurdays and Fridays. I normally just ride around on golf cart and do what he wants to do; river, playground, riding trails, etc. and stay away from the "major crowded areas" so to speak. Mom picks him up on Friday afternoons when she gets off work, then rest of weekend is mine to relax and enjoy some music.
But to all his on on this subject. I guess it all depends on how you feel about it. Different srokes, different folks. But what ever your decision is, its one of those moments that parents have to decide if its right or wrong on your own. :shock: Along with many other decisions that we have to make in thier lives.
Have fun, and WANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. :D

Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:36 pm Profile
 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next