Last visit was: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:27 am It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:27 am

[ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Where to Camp? 
Wanee Peach

Post Re: Where to Camp?
That WAS funny!

:lol:

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

"How far away are you camped?"

"About two beers!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were at the back exit to the camp. It as a full two beers walk drinking slow & walking fast.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:36 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Pine Field .. Area B or C.. All are close to the mushroom stage entrance and the vendors.. We get there early Sunday and get the closest primitive camping possible.... I like it on this side of things .. River Road is a longer walk for the most part...

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:09 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

How Many people will you have with you ?

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:12 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

We started with just two, then one more jumped on board and now two more yesterday. So 5 for now. Might be 6 later today. Funny how eveyone we told that we were going said no they didn't want to go. Now eveyone is buying tickets last minute. The more the merrier! :)

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:31 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I recommend you camp by a tree...

That's the funniest/saddest story I heard from Wanee:

Spun out camper looking for his site, "Hey can you help me out?"

"Sure bro, what you need?"

"I'm looking for my campsite...."

"OK, do you remember where it is - any landmarks?"

"Yeah man, it was near a tree."

Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:56 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Thanks for that story.....I have a feeling history may repeat itself this year..... I'll find one with 2 trees. LOL

Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:03 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

You will probably find that most if not all the spots by the lakes will be full by the time you get there. River road fills up early too. Your best bet is to look for a sparsely populated area with at least one tree, two if you need to hang a hammock.

Bring bicycles if you can and your trip to the river will be nice and quick.

You mentioned showers in the other thread too so I will say that the river is your friend. Bring some biodegradable soap and have fun bathing at the beach. The lines for the showers are bad unless you go early or late in the day and the only hot showers that I know of are on river road and they turn cold pretty quick once the line forms.

Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:45 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

We like the River...little bit of a walk from the entrance but this park is huge, youl be walking alot anyway. Near the lake is a good spot but like somebody said already, the spots actually by the water will be long gone. Its closer to "back gate" and not much of a walk to stages. I think some people are already set up to be honest. I know some super heady freaks been in the woods since springfest hahahaha. Drive around a choose a spot. Get there as early as possible. Ive been to SOSP multiple times, camped in multiple spots, its all going to depend on what your looking for. If you seen port a johns...keep a safe distance obviously. They get nasty and the trucks are loud and dirty. Shower houses are high traffic areas and the woods can be roudy. Stay vigilant stay safe!

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

just do like im doing show up early asyou can on weds and hope for the best haha.. needed minimum 4 trees for 2 hammocls and place for cooler lol

Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:25 pm Profile
 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next