Last visit was: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:52 am It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:52 am

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Campfires 
Wanee Fan

Post Campfires
so this is new to me at a festival. do you guys generally bring your own firewood? i thought i read somewhere that it would be available in the store, but sounds expensive. are there just like a thousand camp fires going every night?

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:44 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Campfires
sneake wrote:
so this is new to me at a festival. do you guys generally bring your own firewood? i thought i read somewhere that it would be available in the store, but sounds expensive. are there just like a thousand camp fires going every night?

I have always brought my own, or camped with those that bring their own....of course the store is expensive, so if you have the room bring it....plenty of fallen kindling around to get you started, or go for the easy way and get a 3 hour duraflame log LOL...and never ever forget the stuff to make pretty flames....

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:47 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

There are usually some guys selling firewood on the main road into Wanee. Its a little cheaper than than the general store. It beats burning gas to haul wood.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Fire GOOD!

I am getting a couple truckloads delivered, and will be cleaning out the woods off River Road also. The Wanee Hauler will do VERY well as a skidder.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:22 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

WANEE!!

Fire...fire.....Hehehehhehehhehhehehehehehehheheh... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:27 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

Memories of fires past. ;)

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:31 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I plan for 2 fires during the weekend and usually just pick up 2 bundles on the way in from locals right on Rt. 129. They are cheap and generous and usually throw in a bundle of lighterknot. Best firestarter sticks you've ever seen. No need to carry all that weight with you driving. I think I paid about $20 max and this was about 10-12 hours of 2 nice fires. 8-)

Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:50 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

fldead1 wrote:
I plan for 2 fires during the weekend and usually just pick up 2 bundles on the way in from locals right on Rt. 129. They are cheap and generous and usually throw in a bundle of lighterknot. Best firestarter sticks you've ever seen. No need to carry all that weight with you driving. I think I paid about $20 max and this was about 10-12 hours of 2 nice fires. 8-)

thanks for the advice. i think i may go this route. i'll just have to remember to leave some room.
hey volk, are you saying that you're going to have firewood delivered to your campsite? :shock:

Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:42 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Any advise about fire rings,Image
for those of us that don't have one?

Gettin' High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJgtVFKQUb4

Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:29 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

WildBillBrodey wrote:
Any advise about fire rings,Image