Last visit was: Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:03 am It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:03 am

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Flying solo this year 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: Flying solo this year
Although I'm going to miss regular camping buddies I'm really looking forward to being able to be on my own schedule and pace. Plus, there is no way I'm missing a Wanee! Like you said Andiebee, once I get there I won't be flying solo anymore. I'll be arriving early sunday and it's going to be pretty cool watching the campground fill up.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:54 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

AndieBee wrote:
Thursday at noon. See the thread at the top of the page for more info.

Thank you Andiebee!!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:55 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I went solo last year and it was awesome. I met a ton of cool people. Plus, there is something really liberating about having no ones schedule but your own to worry about. Great times.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I went solo last year and it was awesome. I met a ton of cool people. Plus, there is something really liberating about having no ones schedule but your own to worry about. Great times.

Linda has been with me for the last six but will not attend this year for a variety of reasons. It WILL free me up to socialize more (she is a more private person, and I obviously am not!).

It will also mean I can camp and not go the hotel route. I have never camped at Wanee (but have at BRRR Creek and AURA).

I can't wait for Thursday -- earliest I can get there.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:15 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Cheshire ive gone solo before, like you said it makes it real easy to meet people in fact it forces you too. Highly recommended. Come to the M&G introduce yourself and you will have plenty of friends. Im at Waneetopia, come by and we will take care of you.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:59 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

BigWinTrip wrote:
Cheshire ive gone solo before, like you said it makes it real easy to meet people in fact it forces you too. Highly recommended. Come to the M&G introduce yourself and you will have plenty of friends. Im at Waneetopia, come by and we will take care of you.

I'm really pumped! A few people have told me about camping solo and all have had a great experience. I'm just ready to be down there, just got to get through today. Looking forward to seeing everyone at the M&G.

Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:52 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Cheshire,
I thought traveling light was the only way to fly? I too am going it alone. I am still trying to make all the arrangements. I have to get a ticket as a number one priority! I thought you just pulled up to the gate, is this not right?
I see you are a cook. Maybe we wil bump into each other and combine culinary forces to create a delicious "hodge-podge" tailgate dinner.
I had posted for first time yesterday about catching ride from atlanta Ga area. If you are in the loop or can direct me to someone who may know, I ideally need to grab ride with a late comer from atlanta. Maybe someone who is departing Thursday afternoon.
In other words ...help I want toget there too.. but may need a little help from my friends who know it better than me!
Thanks!

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:43 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I am flying solo, first Wanee.

I am concentrating on making a good base camp. Hoping to have running water, good fire and emergency shelter for a few people should need arise. And 110v for charging phones, fans, etc. I have a pretty robust battery collection and a few inverters.

Planning on being somewhere between the river road and the river, as close to the activities as possible. Hoping a VW camp forms there, but all are welcome.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:49 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
I am flying solo, first Wanee.

I am concentrating on making a good base camp. Hoping to have running water, good fire and emergency shelter for a few people should need arise. And 110v for charging phones, fans, etc. I have a pretty robust battery collection and a few inverters.

Planning on being somewhere between the river road and the river, as close to the activities as possible. Hoping a VW camp forms there, but all are welcome.

Wait a minute! Does that make you a "modelist?"

Your forum name comes into clear view!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:26 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Googled modelist... Image

No. I am going for building the real thing.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:39 pm Profile WWW
 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next