Last visit was: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:28 am It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:28 am




 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting??? 
Author Message
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:06 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Atlanta Area
Post 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
Okay, we just got an RV and Wanee will be her maiden voyage. Growing up, my family was not an RV-ing family. Before we started looking, I knew very little about RV's. I don't think I've ever actually slept in an RV.

(Don't get the wrong impression...I'm not a princess...I grew up canoe camping)

So, what are the RV specific things that I NEED to have (or really should have). I've been doing crazy internet research, and we have a bunch of basics (wheel chocks, extra water hose, leveling blocks, etc). What are the things that a newbie probably hasn't thought of?

Thank ya!

_________________

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...


Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:21 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 5636
Location: Florida
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
No matter what it is, someone else will have it or the store will have it. Relax baby cakes! It's almost Wanee time. But just to make you feel better, here:Tablets for the toilet?

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:43 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 3641
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
AndieBee wrote:
No matter what it is, someone else will have it or the store will have it. Relax baby cakes! It's almost Wanee time. But just to make you feel better, here:Tablets for the toilet?


Oh poop!

A table to put your drink on when you're sitting under the awning. :D

_________________
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul...


Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:49 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 8405
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
Outdoor carpet or mat also helps :!:

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:51 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Demi-God
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:55 am
Posts: 10639
Location: New Bern, NC (Coastal NC)
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
frenchiejess wrote:
Okay, we just got an RV and Wanee will be her maiden voyage. Growing up, my family was not an RV-ing family. Before we started looking, I knew very little about RV's. I don't think I've ever actually slept in an RV.

(Don't get the wrong impression...I'm not a princess...I grew up canoe camping)

So, what are the RV specific things that I NEED to have (or really should have). I've been doing crazy internet research, and we have a bunch of basics (wheel chocks, extra water hose, leveling blocks, etc). What are the things that a newbie probably hasn't thought of?

Thank ya!

Your husband...... :roll:

_________________
Image ................................................................................... Image
THE "VIPER DANCE" ............... Driving to wanee
Image


Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:36 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:06 pm
Posts: 805
Location: Atlanta Area
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
NCviper wrote:
Your husband...... :roll:


Oh, he's made HIS presence known!

I think I have everything else listed....

_________________

I tell you one thing; you tell me another. We walk away, maybe then shake hands...


Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 pm Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
Posts: 8405
Location: Albany, NY
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
NCviper wrote:
frenchiejess wrote:
Okay, we just got an RV and Wanee will be her maiden voyage. Growing up, my family was not an RV-ing family. Before we started looking, I knew very little about RV's. I don't think I've ever actually slept in an RV.

(Don't get the wrong impression...I'm not a princess...I grew up canoe camping)

So, what are the RV specific things that I NEED to have (or really should have). I've been doing crazy internet research, and we have a bunch of basics (wheel chocks, extra water hose, leveling blocks, etc). What are the things that a newbie probably hasn't thought of?

Thank ya!

Your husband...... :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
When In Doubt, Play Allmans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBfhL3EyAIk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w


Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:05 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 1109
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
Extension cord, RV toilet paper (regular may damage your poo pump), verify propane (is it full?), "patio" mat is a good thing (like Dart said). drinking water hose (to hook up water), water filter - inline for water going into RV, water pressure regulator (don't want to blow your RV piping out), surge protector (to protect RV). ROPE - to hang thangs (tapestries). Tylenol (never know how much you gonna drink) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Image
Image


Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:44 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:43 pm
Posts: 3641
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
You'll do fine... What better place to christen the RV than Wanee... :)

_________________
Listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul...


Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:57 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:47 am
Posts: 821
Location: Sweet Home Orlando
Post Re: 1st Time RV-er....what am I forgetting???
frenchiejess wrote:
Okay, we just got an RV and Wanee will be her maiden voyage. What are the things that a newbie probably hasn't thought of?
Thank ya!

Rubber Gloves, leave them in the door.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxkKDuF_wNU


Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:30 pm Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexa [Bot], Baiduspider, Bing [Bot], CCBot, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], wilderock, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.