Last visit was: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:44 am It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:44 am

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 B E A R C R E E K ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 
Wanee Master

Post Re: B E A R C R E E K ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
WaneeVirgin wrote:
Jensen B Gator wrote:
I think this year I might have to pop my Brrrr Creek Cherry

BRRR Creek definitely earned its name last year. Temps were in the high 20s!!!

It was ridiculous.

"Heard the singers playin', how we cheered for more.
The crowd had rushed together tryin' to keep warm."

Apparently, we need to "rush together" more!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:55 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Thanks to everyone who helped answer the question. Definitely know which way to go now. Hope to see you all at magfest with the family.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Hey roller, I can also vouch for MagFest being family friendly, especially with the littler ones. There's quite a few families there every year, and I see tons of kids messing on the hammocks at the amphitheater.

We have a great group that camps right where Waneetopia is for MagFest. Id love to meet you and the family. We can make more specific plans closer to the event.

In the meantime, WANEE!

Or in my case, StringBreak, then WANEE!!! 8-)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:18 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Thanks Bob, sounds great. If you'll be at the M&G i'll meet you there. If not I'm at river road 250 from Wed. on.

Merry Wanee!

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I am going to try to make it to Bear Creek this year for the first time since I think 2010 (which year had moe. and Umphreys?). Nov is always hard for me, schedule wise. I loved the fest when I went though. It was my first SOSMP festival. I was blown away by the venue. I also think Bear Creek is by far the best run festival there. Its so much smaller than Wanee, but they still utilize more stages, have tons more late night options, schedule just blows it out of the water. I will echo others though and say its much more of a rave then a family centered fest, which is a big plus for me cause I like to rage.

Also, I definitely anticipate major artist additions. Its very light on the jamtronica now, so Im guessing a couple of those get added. Also think a headliner will get added, Im hiping for moe. x2, but I am thinking its probably gonna be Umphreys.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:50 am Profile
Wanee Master

handsNfeetRmangos wrote:
I am going to try to make it to Bear Creek this year for the first time since I think 2010 (which year had moe. and Umphreys?). Nov is always hard for me, schedule wise. I loved the fest when I went though. It was my first SOSMP festival. I was blown away by the venue. I also think Bear Creek is by far the best run festival there. Its so much smaller than Wanee, but they still utilize more stages, have tons more late night options, schedule just blows it out of the water. I will echo others though and say its much more of a rave then a family centered fest, which is a big plus for me cause I like to rage.

Also, I definitely anticipate major artist additions. Its very light on the jamtronica now, so Im guessing a couple of those get added. Also think a headliner will get added, Im hiping for moe. x2, but I am thinking its probably gonna be Umphreys.

I was so excited by the line-up in general that I did not note that it is a bit light on jamtronica. We do have Dopapod, the Malah, the Werks and Greenhouse Lounge, all of which are great. But an addition such as Lotus, or Conspirator, OR BOTH, would be awesome.

And I have no words to describe Umphrey's. Well, OK, a couple. From last night's St. Pete show: STUPID, RIDICULOUS, ABSURB, ASTOUNDING, and INCREDIBLE.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:36 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

SOSMP meets the needs of everyone! I cant think of another park doing it on this level. MagFest is definitely the show id bring the children to. Suwanee Flood Jam was great for that last year as well. You can usually tell by the lineup what kind of crowd will be there...Im a JamBands guy all the way until the clock strikes 11ish. The kids should be in bed by then anyway! I would love to see a Lotus or Tribe late night!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:26 pm Profile
 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4