Last visit was: Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:24 am It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:24 am

[ 8 posts ] 
 SunFest 
Wanee Fan

Post SunFest
Anybody planning on going to SunFest in West Palm Beach? If so, let's plan a pre-party somewhere downtown. Can't decide if I will get the 2 day pass or just go ahead and get the 5 day pass.

http://www.sunfest.com/

John Muir

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: SunFest
There are a few of us meeting up at the Friday show Black Crowes and Gary Clark Jr 8-)

Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:31 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Local checking in ;)

You betcha, we will be there. I wanted to get Stand tix for Black Crowes, and for Cheap Trick too (old old *OLD* favorite of mine!), but they were sold out by the time my confused brain figured I'd better buy tix. We did snag Stand tix for Boz Scaggs, psyched about that as I've never seen him.

They did a great job putting my faves on the middle stage. It's like they axed me or sumpin' :D

Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:04 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Jensen B Gator wrote:
There are a few of us meeting up at the Friday show Black Crowes and Gary Clark Jr 8-)

I'll be there Friday also, looking forward to seeing The Crowes and Clark, Jr.!

John Muir

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:19 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

beach bob wrote:
Local checking in ;)

You betcha, we will be there. I wanted to get Stand tix for Black Crowes, and for Cheap Trick too (old old *OLD* favorite of mine!), but they were sold out by the time my confused brain figured I'd better buy tix. We did snag Stand tix for Boz Scaggs, psyched about that as I've never seen him.

They did a great job putting my faves on the middle stage. It's like they axed me or sumpin' :D

Me neither, never seen either band. I was a bit too young when they were killing it! Seems like Cheap Trick plays a lot here, Cruzan, etc...

John Muir

Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

MojoRising wrote:
Seems like Cheap Trick plays a lot here, Cruzan, etc...

They are road warriors. Like many talented bands, the record biz (such as it is...) doesn't know what to do with them anymore ... I suspect they have to gig regularly and sell merch to pay the bills.

Re: them playing down here regularly, they played the Culture Room right around Christmas, for five years running it seems. I was always too tied up w/ other (family) stuff to go. It's been decades since I've seen them live.

They mine the power pop end of rock, but live, they have serious punk rock leanings. There's a recent Austin City Limits show that reveals this... by the end of their set, it's barely controlled mayhem. They do RAWK :D

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:47 am Profile
Wanee Fan

They have punk sound live really? I enjoy Austin City Limits, watched some of the Gary Clark, Jr. from that recently. Looking forward to hearing him rip it up! :ugeek:

John Muir

Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Hells yeah. It's loud and rowdy. Tom P. has that 12 string bass, it sounds like God on steroids, and Rick plays loud as hell too.

Works for me 8-)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:30 pm Profile
 [ 8 posts ]