Last visit was: Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:20 pm It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:20 pm

[ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 WEAK TICKET AND ARMBANDS 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: WEAK TICKET AND ARMBANDS
Waneebe wrote:
It’s Live Nation. :roll: :roll: :roll:

To tell you the truth…I haven’t seen a nice ticket since the 70’s.

Not a concert ticket, but...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:20 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

Bonnaroo in 2008 had nice tix and a cool wrist band.... and was about the same price then as this is now... Maybe you can pitch it to them next year... :)

Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:37 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

I like this one Image

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:13 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

...And Zappa for $7.50 Image

Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Funny! I'm looking at my Zappa ticket stub from two nights earlier at the (now-defunct) Tampa Jai-Alai Fronton (Apr. 17). We paid $9.50!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:14 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
Funny! I'm looking at my Zappa ticket stub from two nights earlier at the (now-defunct) Tampa Jai-Alai Fronton (Apr. 17). We paid $9.50!

Great show!!!!! We got there early And The Wall was playing during set-up.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:09 am Profile
Wanee Lover

The first year of Wanee The tickets had the Wanee emblem in the background on the ticket dont know why they stopped the next year.Im glad I kept mine.

Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:46 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Well it's all a matter of perspective I suppose.

I managed to get tix for Paul McCartney next month at the hockey arena in Orlando... I opted for delivery by email, so I'm printing my own barcode scans :roll: for that... sure would have been nice to have cool stubs to keep, on that one. Boo hiss.

OTOH, I helped produce an event here in WPB for about five years, we brought The Radiators down for a weekend of shows during Mardi Gras season... I did the ticket ordering, and got nice, glossy tix w/ raised, sparkly lettering. No graphics, but they looked cool and really were not expensive; considering all the costs for producing an event for 300-500 people, it was nickels and dimes, really.

Evidently, Live Nation just doesn't see the ticket graphics as an important thing...

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I'm only here for the ticket! :lol:

Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:27 am Profile
Wanee Lover

mccjeff wrote:
Waneebe wrote:
It’s Live Nation. :roll: :roll: :roll:

To tell you the truth…I haven’t seen a nice ticket since the 70’s.

Is this the only big fest you go to? Not being snarky it's just that most of the fests we go to have spiffy tix or armbands.

My first music fest was in 1969 and the ticket was probably pretty nice…who can remember. I went to countless concert in South FL. Saved a few concert tickets through the years that in fact were very nice. Led Zeppelin, Elton John & a Deep Purple headlining show that listed many acts of the day. The then unknown, opening act wasn’t listed though, ZZ Top, whose limo we followed to the show and they graciously waved us in the back gates. I still have the whole ticket for that one. My brother Frank has a great collection of concert posters, hand bills and vinyl records.
You ask if Wanee is the only big fest I go to, the answer is pretty much yes. I did also go to the Peach Music Fest last year in Scranton ,PA on Montage Mountain.
(news report interview includes my brother and highlights his Mr. Natural/Woodstock tattoo http://wnep.com/2012/08/10/campers-endure-wet-weather-for-peach-music-festival/)
Another Live Nation event with print at home tickets and upon arrival you got a vinyl wristband in yellow for the 3 day and orange for camping.
And some country fest were pretty much the same. Southern Ground in Nashville (went just to see Gregg Allman) and Runaway Country here in hometown, Melbourne, FL had nondescript tickets and wristbands.
So I guess I need to get out more and collect those sparkly tickets with woven wristbands. ;)
Let me ask you if these spiffy collectables you speak of are from events produced by Live Nation?

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:22 pm Profile
 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next