Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:19 pm It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:19 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
 widespread panic 
Wanee Gnome

Post widespread panic
They were absolutely amazing both nights. I really hope they will be back in 2014. One of the best performances I have ever seen live. In fact I got so hammered on there 4.20 set, I don't remember most of the Allman brothers haha

Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:58 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: widespread panic
Awesome sets both nights. Cannot wait to download them somewhere so I can rekindle some of the memories.

Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Both nights are up on

bt.etree.org

[I think]

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:33 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

What I know about Panic would not fill a Dixie cup.

That said, I thought the band kicked butt both evenings. I saw them at Langerado about ?? 2008 ?? when they did that fest on the edge of the Everglades... I didn't quite 'get' their thing back then.

This time around, I was a bit more familiar. I think I have issues with JB's singing; go figure that one, since as a longtime Deadhead, I forgave Jerry and Bob and Brent many iffy vocalizations over the years :) ... so yeah; my take on JB's singing is on me, and nobody else!

As for the rest, they guys certainly play well, and play well with each other, so to speak :P ... kind of important for a (here comes that dreaded label) jamband. Jimmy is a flippin' monster, and this fellow on the keys - John Hermann?? What a killer. He tore it up several times, both with Panic and with his sit-ins. I'd seen Dave Schools in Mickey Hart's band last fall, and was already aware he's a badass. Actually there aren't any slouches anywhere in this outfit.

From my vantage in the audience, which was to the left and in front of side of the board, about even with the tapers, I was deep in hardcore Spreadhead territory. I gathered from those around me, that the sets were well received. Indeed, everyone seemed to be having quite a good time :D ... and I found myself doing the same :!:

So there ya have it. I cannot say I am a convert. But I have no complaints, really. Did the band bring it? You bet your ass they did. And a job well done, I say :geek:

Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:11 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Panic was awesome as always. They are really bringing it right now. That fishwater with Derek was the heat!!!!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:07 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Chilly Water closer on friday was so nice! And the Jesus Just Left Chicago>Maggot Brain before was sweet. Friday Panic was a little better than saturday Panic imho. Both really nice sets though.

The rain played into it perfectly friday night. Soaked head to toe, and a huge grin on my face! 8-)

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:07 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I agree and can't wait till this weekend to see them again. I am actually resting until this weekend so i can see them again.
Wanee Love!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:24 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

See ya in Alpheretta!!

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:41 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Tom_G wrote:
Chilly Water closer on friday was so nice! And the Jesus Just Left Chicago>Maggot Brain before was sweet. Friday Panic was a little better than saturday Panic imho. Both really nice sets though.

The rain played into it perfectly friday night. Soaked head to toe, and a huge grin on my face! 8-)

Agreed. I thought Friday was just a bit more cohesive. Both very solid shows, and the last half hour Saturday was ridiculous.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:49 pm Profile
 [ 9 posts ]