Last visit was: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 am It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:13 am

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Estimated 60,000 at Wanee? 
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: Estimated 60,000 at Wanee?
beach bob wrote:
Well I agree with Pete, my guess is attendance was around 15,000. I was guessing 25k-30k for last year's Wanee, and got corrected by some folks who would know, i.e. people that work there. They said it was more like 20k last year. This time around, I estimated about 2/3 of last year's crowd, so 15k would be about right...

...but I am certainly no expert in estimating crowd numbers... it's just one guys' opinion on the intermess, so it's worth what you paid for it :P ...

I am not sure why it's such a closely held secret either. I don't know why LiveNation would overestimate to SOSMP. My guess is they might estimate over somewhat to assure enough services... e.g. there were certainly enough portolets, at least in the festival area. But 40k? That's a silly number to state, for the logistical purposes of the park folks.

BTW, I saw that the park set up a temp 'general store' at the stables past the special person's camping. They were selling ice, beer, sodas and sandwiches. Pretty cool thing for those camping back there, not sure how many folks knew it was there though. I drove by it...

The OP's link isn't well attributed, so I don't put much validity to it. According to the piece, the park has magically grown by 200 acres... AFAIK, the SOSMP is about 600 acres, not 800 acres :roll: ... I could have written that piece without ever setting foot in the place. Reads like a generic bit of marketing hype to me...

This actually true.....880 acres....they just bought 80 acres to put in an airstrip. Frank is a resident there, and he confirmed this.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:03 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

NCviper wrote:
This actually true.....880 acres....they just bought 80 acres to put in an airstrip. Frank is a resident there, and he confirmed this.

:!:

I did not know that!

I endeavor to remain open to being corrected, without getting my ego bruised :)

Though this 40k number, still seems mighty fishy. I am picturing half a football stadium's worth of people sitting / standing on the Great Lawn of Wanee... just doesn't seem like it would fit, as comfortably as we were situated.

Maybe hippies take up less room than ardent feetball fans? :lol:

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:24 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

beach bob wrote:
NCviper wrote:

:!:

I did not know that!

I endeavor to remain open to being corrected, without getting my ego bruised :)

Though this 40k number, still seems mighty fishy. I am picturing half a football stadium's worth of people sitting / standing on the Great Lawn of Wanee... just doesn't seem like it would fit, as comfortably as we were situated.

Maybe hippies take up less room than ardent feetball fans? :lol:

I will be the first to say.....I have NO IDEA how many people were there.. The 880 acres, I believe he took me back to the new property and showed me around.

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I was not there this yr but i was there the last 3. 2012 was more crowded than 2010 and 2011.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I agree that 40k was a ridiculous number. Double last year's crowd would be terrible from a logistics standpoint.Waneelover -- somebody must be able to provide reasonable numbers!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:53 pm Profile
Site Admin

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
I agree that 40k was a ridiculous number. Double last year's crowd would be terrible from a logistics standpoint.Waneelover -- somebody must be able to provide reasonable numbers!

Historically the numbers stay with the park and LN and only a few people know the actual counts and any number you see here or anywhere else is to be taken with a grain of salt.
And I might add - both have their own respective reasons for what is or isn't released.

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:56 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I see the logic on both sides. I will be greedy and say I hope I never see it get larger than last year...only tell those that matter to you and can keep the secret.

Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:07 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks, Doug. I knew there would be a logical answer I wouldn't like but it MAKES SENSE TO ME!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:50 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I have heard that some fest release numbers for the whole week. That means they take the total from Thursday, and add it with the total attendance from Friday and then add that with Saturday and then they say we had 60,000 people here for Wanee. I was there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so according to their math, according to their total, I was counted 3 times.
I say there was not much more than 20K people at Wanee. Do that over 3 days, and you get close to 60,000 in attendence.
I also believe, if more people would have attended, Livenation would not have ripped me off for a one day ticket on Saturday for my brother as bad as they did. :shock: It was $170, for one day of music and camping. :x

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:19 am Profile
Wanee Master

I thought the attendance was less this year then last year :!: :o IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:02 am Profile WWW
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next