Last visit was: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 am It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:04 am

[ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Estimated 60,000 at Wanee? 
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Estimated 60,000 at Wanee?
Seemed much less crowded to me than last year as well.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:07 am Profile
Wanee Pro

NCviper wrote:
This actually true.....880 acres....they just bought 80 acres to put in an airstrip. Frank is a resident there, and he confirmed this.

An airstrip would be pretty cool. Are they building hangars on that land and will it be open to the public?

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I'd like the know the # printed on the last persons' wristbands that entered the park........

Any late entries here on the forum?

Mine was in the 6,000's and I arrived wednesday in the early afternoon.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:48 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Scrog wrote:
I have heard that some fest release numbers for the whole week. That means they take the total from Thursday, and add it with the total attendance from Friday and then add that with Saturday and then they say we had 60,000 people here for Wanee. I was there Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, so according to their math, according to their total, I was counted 3 times.
I say there was not much more than 20K people at Wanee. Do that over 3 days, and you get close to 60,000 in attendance.

Ahhhhh !!!

Scrog, I think you are getting somewhere in resolving the wildly varying numbers. What you describe, as far as counting attendees, is exactly how my local once-a-year big festival does things. Sunfest http://www.sunfest.com/ does their attendance this way, and has for years. It's a five day fest, Wed-Thur-Fri nights, then all day Sat & Sun. They add up each day's admits and give a total for the entire event. Of course, probably 2/3 of the attendees (like me) have the five day ticket, and go whichever days they want to. It's priced so that if you plan on being there more than two days, the five day ticket is the best deal. Sunfest is a WAY different event than Wanee ... At Sunfest there's no camping, and everyone's ticket is scanned / counted as they come in each day. So the daily figures are easily obtained. And as soon as it's over, there's a press blurb about the attendance and how the fest did / how successful it was. The event started as both a thing for the locals to enjoy, and as a way to promote WPB as a visitor destination. So the various local powers-that-be want to know and promote the attendance numbers, to promote the area.

Evidently the 'industry accepted' way to count the attendance is as you described... even though each weekend ticket was scanned just one time, it counted as three or four admits (depending on the day scanned, I suppose).

As far as publishing attendance numbers goes, it is evident that LiveNation / Wanee / SOSMP have significantly different motivations regarding releasing the numbers, compared to those of SunFest of Palm Beach County, Inc., (a private nonprofit organization), the Palm Beach County Tourist Development Council, and the Palm Beach County Cultural Council.
8-)

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:11 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Tom_G wrote:
I'd like the know the # printed on the last persons' wristbands that entered the park........

Any late entries here on the forum?

Mine was in the 6,000's and I arrived wednesday in the early afternoon.

Don't think that will work. Mikey and I entered the park @5:30pm on Thursday, and I was surprised to see the number on my wristband was around 2200 :P

I'm sure they just grabbed handfuls / boxes of bands w/o any attempt to issue them in ascending number order... so it kind of becomes a needle in the haystack thing, trying to find that high number.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I was there at 10 am Wednesday morning and I got a 13000 number

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm Profile
Wanee Master

MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH MATH

Yep. I love math!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

helowrench wrote:
I was there at 10 am Wednesday morning and I got a 13000 number

Apparently they started with the high numbers, and worked their way all the way down to *one* :P :lol:

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
I love math!

We know! :ugeek:

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:08 am Profile
Wanee Peach

got my wrist band around 8am weds and my number was 12121. my wife was excited that it was a palindrome but I couldnt care less. her number was 12122 which was pretty cool because usually they are all mixed up and even if you are in line with someone the numbers are off a good bit.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:38 am Profile
Wanee Master

DoYouRememberTheSun wrote:
got my wrist band around 8am weds and my number was 12121. my wife was excited that it was a palindrome but I couldnt care less. her number was 12122 which was pretty cool because usually they are all mixed up and even if you are in line with someone the numbers are off a good bit.

Obviously, your wife ROCKS!

Palindromes!

And the best of palindromes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUQDzj6R3p4

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:22 am Profile
 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next