Last visit was: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:08 pm

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Things I Learned at Wanee 2013 
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: Things I Learned at Wanee 2013
Pocaroba wrote:
I learned that I need to make sure I know who people are. I Met lots of great folks at the M&G and have pictures with some and have no idea what their names are. I'm not sure if they didn't have badges or blurry vision???

It was the cherries.......

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:16 am Profile
Wanee Lover

This thing is the cat's ass! Thank you Pete for letting me use it for my weekly bath at SOSMP! Definitely worth the money!
petewhit wrote:

Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:51 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Anytime my friend.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:58 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

For such a large venue, and as much as it cost, bathroom/showering facilities were inadequate to say the least.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:41 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

now that i'm finally warm and dry........i learned to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:23 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Spyderstan wrote: "For such a large venue, and as much as it cost, bathroom/showering facilities were inadequate to say the least."

Word.

Seriously? Yall have ONE job, and that's the best you can do? The RV's in the loop have better facilities... which they don't even need: Cause they use their own!

But us po' folks in Primitive, what do we get? Cold water, and facilities that are only half working most daze. Grrr...

One of the reasons why the price increases hurt us so bad - what do we get for all that dough?!?

Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

freebo wrote:
Spyderstan wrote: "For such a large venue, and as much as it cost, bathroom/showering facilities were inadequate to say the least."

Word.

Seriously? Yall have ONE job, and that's the best you can do? The RV's in the loop have better facilities... which they don't even need: Cause they use their own!

But us po' folks in Primitive, what do we get? Cold water, and facilities that are only half working most daze. Grrr...

One of the reasons why the price increases hurt us so bad - what do we get for all that dough?!?

Exactly. Folks in a full service RV have showers. I was fortunate to have been invited to stay in one. But I paid a share for the inside bed. RV's ain't free. And I also had to pay more (chip-in) to get the shower water dumped because it filled up. I was expecting to use the Park showers, as I do everywhere else, but the lines were ridiculous.
I was told it wasn't as bad last year when the river was open for swimming.

Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:41 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Wait just a minute! :x Just so we know, the attendant at the bath house in primative camping busted her ASS!!! Hot water is not on her or Dirty Red. That is on the size of the hot water heater and 20,000 people wanting a hot shower. Broken toliet, yes SOSMP should have that fixed, but also you are lucky to have flushable toliets. I have been to many festivals, ones much larger than Wanee and smaller than Wanee and the bathrooms and protos are far cleaner at Wanee and SOSMP than any other fest I have been to. You say dirty? Did you see all the rain and how that turned the park into a mud pit? If you know the showers in the Loop are gonna be "hot", than ride over to the loop, like I did, and take a hot shower, but please do not bash the bathroom attendent when she busted her ass last week. That is not just me, that is our camp consensus.
Please show some respect for the ones who clean up after you!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:04 am Profile
Wanee Pro

I didn't see any disrespect for any attendant.
I'll use an example to make my point...
When Don Panoz bought Sebring International Raceway, he built a new Restroom/Shower facility in Green Park.
Did he have to do it? No
Did we survive before without it? Yes
Did we appreciate the new facility? Oh yeah.
Should SOSMP expand their facilities? I think so.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:29 am Profile
Wanee Master

One thing I learned was the money I spent on the Zodi Camping Pump Up Pressure Shower was well worth the cost. 8-)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:17 am Profile
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next