Last visit was: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 pm It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:05 pm

[ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Things I Learned at Wanee 2013 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Things I Learned at Wanee 2013
I'll bash the dude/attendent sitting in front of the trough house at the food court like a bump on a log waiting for a handout. Sorry chump, no money from me. That's included in the ticket price....and get off your ass and do something!

Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:32 am Profile
Wanee Pro

sorry Spy, if I got too excited, Our camp thought the female attendant at the bath house in primitive camping, just outside the mushroom stage, did an excellent job, with conditions and what she had to work with and it felt like freebo was bashing her. My bad Free, if I missed understood that. :oops:
But I agree SOSMP could have better showers and such, but will they spend the money, just to accommodate a few weekends out of the year?

Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 am Profile
Wanee Lover

1. It’s so much better staying in the park than a hotel.
2. VIP was defiantly worth the extra $$.
3. My friend Chuck was the best Wanee companion ever.
4. Do not ride the Harley in soft sand, in the dark, drunk & lost at 3AM( but it was fun.)

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:46 am Profile
Wanee Lover

1) Wanee is the best festival ever.
2) The Mushroom Stage is magic.
3) Wandering around until daybreak carries consequences. (I already knew this but apparently need to relearn it night after night.)
4) Renting a private port-o-john is the best money you can spend.
5) My wife is the most awesome person ever. (I already knew this but really love to relearn it night after night.)
6) I absolutely adore all of you fine people.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:13 pm Profile
Wanee Master

mccjeff wrote:
1) Wanee is the best festival ever.
2) The Mushroom Stage is magic.
3) Wandering around until daybreak carries consequences. (I already knew this but apparently need to relearn it night after night.)
4) Renting a private port-o-john is the best money you can spend.
5) My wife is the most awesome person ever. (I already knew this but really love to relearn it night after night.)
6) I absolutely adore all of you fine people.

and it was my great pleasure to meet you to my Brother 8-)

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

aND MY DISPLEASURE THAT WE DID not CONNECT.

But we will! and I wasn't yelling -- just had the CAPS lock on!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:38 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:
aND MY DISPLEASURE THAT WE DID not CONNECT.

But we will! and I wasn't yelling -- just had the CAPS lock on!

I am yelling. I'M BUMMED WE DIDN'T MEET! Next time for sures.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:02 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Just to clarify my meaning: I'm not bashing the bathroom attendant. Never even met him or her.

Honestly: I'm not bashing anyone. :|

But if the park owners axed me: "What could we do, to improve your experiences at the Spirit?"

My reply would be: "Drop a dime on some better facilities for us Primitive campers!"

That's the "one job" I'm refering to: Provide us with a place where magic can happen. And oh yeah - it sure has.

But the spell gets broken :twisted: when reality intrudes.

And to you, Scrog: No offense taken, bro. We'll laugh about this together at the Spirit someday... Until then: Take care all.

Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

freebo wrote:
But if the park owners axed me: "What could we do, to improve your experiences at the Spirit?" My reply would be: "Drop a dime on some better facilities for us Primitive campers!"

Indeed. I don't know if they've had issues with the water supply lately, but I do know it was a significant issue in years past, at Mag/Spring fests. Back then they would close the bathroom opposite Rees Lake, until the water pressure improved. Sometimes it was closed on and off all weekend, hours at a time. That, is very definitely a problem, and also a very fixable problem.

If that bathroom is overrun / overused, it doesn't matter how good a job the attendant does (and thank the deities she's there). Like the sign on the port-o-let says: "Excessive Use May Lead To Unsatisfactory Conditions" :? :o

To Freebo's point: I was at Springfest, and I talked to the attendant fairly early in the day over at the John Condo (by the vendors). He said that his directive was to attend to the facilities at the loop and at the cabins, before working on any of the other bathrooms. He said they hardly needed anything, because the RVers use their own facilities. He implied that it made no sense to him either. As an operating / maintenance policy of the park, they could change that, and improve things for the masses. Who pay most of the nut FWIW.

My two cents. Carry on 8-)

Wed May 01, 2013 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Fan

I learned that a 2 a.m. trash fire on river road on a cold night will draw quite the crowd.
I also learned that when you burn pallets in a 2 a.m. trash fire on river road on a cold night you have to spend an hour the next morning picking up the nails before you can pull your rv out of your spot and head home....doh! :o

Wed May 01, 2013 11:24 am Profile
 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next