Last visit was: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:28 am It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:28 am

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Free Range Dogs 
Wanee Lover

Post Free Range Dogs
It was all wonderful. The best group of people anyone could want to associate with. The music lifted me up!
BUT......
I have never seen so many loose dogs before (maybe this was just in Waneetopia?).
I have 2 dogs and love them dearly but is a music festival really a place for dogs? Mine watch TV sometimes but they don't give a damn what music I play.
I would prefer no dogs at Wanee.

I stepped in it twice....can't see it in the leaves. Nasty!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:15 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Post Re: Free Range Dogs
ewwww. didn't step in any. did see a few dogs, some that clearly did not need to be there nor wanted to be there.

:|

Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:33 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

I only saw them in Waneetopia. There were three or four. Kept begging for my bacon in the morning. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right

Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Saw more dogs than normal this year....Wonder why?? I would never bring my 3, just aint a place for them! ;)

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:45 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I got the ultimate boxer/bull mix, a swimming, frisbee catching fling insect eating puppy. She don't Wanee.

That little scruffy thang almost got me. A lady on a hammock told me that it was her service dog. It helps her balance.
Not five minutes later, it tried to trip me.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:07 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

The Lightman wrote:
I got the ultimate boxer/bull mix, a swimming, frisbee catching fling insect eating puppy. She don't Wanee.

That little scruffy thang almost got me. A lady on a hammock told me that it was her service dog. It helps her balance.
Not five minutes later, it tried to trip me.

A dogless cat guy, still see this. Image

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:50 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Master

I felt sorry for the White German Shepard Service Dog he looked freaked out....

I have 2 Labs that go to the local Doggie Resort here in Stuart, they wouldn't do well at Wanee

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:25 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

My doggie stays at her local doggie spa! (actually just a dog kennel but the owners are awesome and they spoil her terribly!) She would NOT do well with so many people and I would have had a lot of time spent making sure she was okay.
I agree that ANY large music festival is NO place for dogs. JUST not fair to them. I saw dogs EVERYWHERE and even saw a VERY large pit bull at the music early afternoon at the Mushroom stage on Thursday. It was on a leash, but also a very strong dog and as sweet as it was, could have gotten startled like ANY dog and lash out in defense.
I want to know how the folks at the entry of the venue were allowing dogs down by the music. Hmphh.

Doggies can use a vacation from us as much as we need this festival! Yes, it may be a bit pricey to board them, but then you would KNOW they were safe!

Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:32 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

My wife and I brought our dog. She never roamed free once. I would be totally devastated if she got lost from us. We have a medical necessity letter and she is also a therapy dog in training (pink vest "Gracie"). It was actually the perfect environment for the therapy dog training. You have to demonstrate that the dog can handle the large crowds and noise to get certified. She did fantastic. Actually better than she was in class tonight. She was only in the venue during the day and crated at night in the RV. We carry poop bags wherever we go and I do not leave it on the ground. We have over 100+ hours of training in so far and she has a long way to go. It all depends on the owner(s) and how responsible they are. We did get stopped going into the mushroom stage area on Thursday, to check her rabies tags and medical note, so the park was trying to stay on top of it, but yet still be accommodating. All in all it was a good experience.

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

↑↑ :)

what year bus? 71 here.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:19 pm Profile WWW
 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next