Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:18 pm It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:18 pm

[ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Free Range Dogs 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Free Range Dogs
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
So, if a person says "it's my service dog" their service dog it is...

OK then. But can it do any tricks?

:lol:

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Tom_G wrote:
fldead1 wrote:
That's my 78 Champagne edition with a weekender bed in back. It's been to every Wanee before this one, except it didn't make it in 2008. I was having carb problems and didn't want to risk getting stuck. SO we camped out of a 93' caddy (fun). This year we rented an RV because of wanting to take the Pup. We camp with her in the bus, but it would get too cramped after 4-5 days. I'm in Tampa Bay, where are you? Oh I see you're in Melburne. You should head over for busses across the skyway some year?

Hey, nice looking bus! Get that baby back to fuel injection, as it was meant to be, and those carb problems will go away!

[hijack thread] But the carb(s) were prolly installed to chase the fuel injection gremlins away.. Image and just try pricing the parts needed to restore it. Megasquirt ( http://www.diyautotune.com/ ) starts to look REAL good if FI is still desired.
The single 2bbl is the WORST solution, twin ICT's can make for wonderful running and great mileage. I even made an adapter that mounted a 34PICT3 onto the 2bbl center section. Not much for the rev's, but got a 78 westy to 18MPG. AND got rid of the flat spot. [/hijack thread]

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:08 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Wizard

beach bob wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

OK then. But can it do any tricks?

:lol:

We should be able to get something for stepping in the poo...

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:10 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I don't think we can question a person regarding their disability or for certification of service dogs. I got this from the ADA. http://www.ada.gov/qasrvc.htm

Yeah, I was thinking that. Just like those jerks who get wheelchairs at Disney World so they can get in the special line, making it more difficult for the people who DO need extra time or care. (I just read an article about that...so I'm all fired up. :lol: )

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:56 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
I don't think we can question a person regarding their disability or for certification of service dogs. I got this from the ADA. http://www.ada.gov/qasrvc.htm

Q: How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?

A: Some, but not all, service animals wear special collars and harnesses. Some, but not all, are licensed or certified and have identification papers. If you are not certain that an animal is a service animal, you may ask the person who has the animal if it is a service animal required because of a disability. However, an individual who is going to a restaurant or theater is not likely to be carrying documentation of his or her medical condition or disability. Therefore, such documentation generally may not be required as a condition for providing service to an individual accompanied by a service animal. Although a number of states have programs to certify service animals, you may not insist on proof of state certification before permitting the service animal to accompany the person with a disability.

Believe it or not.....Registered Service dogs have photo ID's. You are suppose to carry documentation with you at all times......just sayin'. :?

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:08 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Had to check out Shakedown Street towards the bat house. While walking back, dude poked his finger between the old dogs eyes and yelled at it to "focus".

Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:41 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Quote:
Believe it or not.....Registered Service dogs have photo ID's. You are suppose to carry documentation with you at all times......just sayin'. :?

You can just go online and buy those as well as most of the gear. It's really dumb. The proper way is to get certifications through your local AKC kennel club. They are the authority in dog obedience and training. There needs to be a national database with standardized ID's for service animals, but I don't need Obama taking over that sh*t. :roll:

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:39 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I've had a bunch of different busses. This one runs and looks good now. Rebuilt 2.0L Type4 with mild (Carb) cam, dual 40mm Solexes (empi), and MSD ignition with a flamethrower. 72' transmission with 228mm bell/clutch lets it rev nice through the gears and I can do 70-75 down the interstate ALL DAY. Solid lifters. Yes, I adjust my own valves (gearhead). :D

Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:45 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

fldead1 wrote:
Yes, I adjust my own valves (gearhead). :D

Isn't that a requirement for all who own an air-cooled VW?

Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:06 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

fldead1 wrote:
I've had a bunch of different busses. This one runs and looks good now. Rebuilt 2.0L Type4 with mild (Carb) cam, dual 40mm Solexes (empi), and MSD ignition with a flamethrower. 72' transmission with 228mm bell/clutch lets it rev nice through the gears and I can do 70-75 down the interstate ALL DAY. Solid lifters. Yes, I adjust my own valves (gearhead). :D

Very cool. I put 1,975 miles on my westy going to and from Wanee. Ran 65-70. Got 17.4 mpg avg. Glad your setup works great for you! I put a Jake Raby valvetrain kit in my rebuild a couple of years ago. 13,000 worry free miles so far. I just used the stock FI, as I had a couple of sets. I adjust my own valves, too, but adjustments really haven't been necessary with the porsche swivel adjusters!

Sorry to hijack the thread again. :oops:

As far as dogs at fests, I'm not a fan. Fortuntaely, unless they are bothering me, I can ignore them well enough to not worry about it!

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:20 am Profile
 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next