Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:33 am It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:33 am

[ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 SCI/STS9 Halloween Weekend - SOSMP 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: SCI/STS9 Halloween Weekend - SOSMP
Sounds like an amazing time. Can someone post links to some pics and a reveiw maybe? Thanks!

Also did anyone see tapers, cause I haven't found anything in the tree yet.

Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:16 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

fldead1 wrote:
Sounds like an amazing time. Can someone post links to some pics and a reveiw maybe? Thanks!

Also did anyone see tapers, cause I haven't found anything in the tree yet.

There were lots of tapers at all the Cheese shows, didnt notice them at the other sets but presumably they were there. Cheese shows are starting to show up on archive.org, Im listening to 10/31 now. Amazing show!

Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:19 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yah mon, lots of tapers for the SCI sets. After the first night, I stationed myself right in front of the tapers. On Saturday, only one dude (from ATL? Athens?) stayed to tape STS9. He might have been doing video...

Being in the freaky mosh pit for STS9 was a hoot, for the half hour I did that. I am no EDM fan, but I had to check it out. Truthfully, it made me feel old, thinking of that cliche: Kids these days! :lol: Of course, that's on me. I did dig their F A T synth bass grooves, some tunes had that underpinning of 70s funk with that going on. Pretty cool outfit overall, I am sure there are more annoying EDM outfits extant :P

Great weekend full of fun, I wish my boy could have been there with me, he would have loved all the festive activity btw the costuming, the lights, the Spirit Lake installments, etc...

We had a primo setup, Sloonerville North was a block of four sites on River Road, right by where the T in the road takes you to horsie camping. A two min walk to the meadow 8-)

That rain was pretty severe, hardest I've seen it rain there since the epic and nearly fatal festival-wise 2005 Springfest Soo-Naw-Mee. I hid in my tent and managed to stay dry - Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance! IOW, USE YOUR TARP! :D The rain kicked mud up on the sides of my minivan to about six feet high :shock: so yeah; it was a hella downpour!

A kick butt weekend. Had a ball!! Let's did it again!!!!!!! :ugeek:

Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:48 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

... and it's taken him this long to recover enough to post about it. ;)

A mighty fine time, all in all.

Yall shoulda been there. :lol:

Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:56 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I been rode hard and put up wet. The stuff I go through for a paycheck! :o

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:02 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

beach bob wrote:
Yah mon, lots of tapers for the SCI sets. After the first night, I stationed myself right in front of the tapers. On Saturday, only one dude (from ATL? Athens?) stayed to tape STS9. He might have been doing video...

This guy was taping at Bear Creek, may be the same guy..

http://livemusicathensga.com/

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:17 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

I think that's the guy!!

He gave me his website info, but it was on a little slip of paper. Which I promptly lost :P

Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Volkemon wrote:
beach bob wrote:

This guy was taping at Bear Creek, may be the same guy..

http://livemusicathensga.com/

Word on the street is that guy also taped the entirety of the epic Main Squeeze set in the pouring down rain. Probably my favorite part of the entire weekend. Cant wait til he posts it on his website.

Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:47 pm Profile
 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7