Last visit was: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:50 pm It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:50 pm

[ 9 posts ] 
 Bob Weir Collapses on Stage 
Wanee Veteran

Post Bob Weir Collapses on Stage
Sorry if this was already posted somewhere.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/26/bob-weir- ... sed-video/

Bob Weir -- founding member of the Greatful Dead who now plays guitar for spinoff band Furthur -- had to be helped offstage last night in Port Chester, NY, after collapsing during a song after suffering some serious pain in his shoulder.

The band, which also features former Dead bassist Phil Lesh, was playing the Dead song "Unbroken Chain" when Weir wobbled for a few moments before going down (00:45 mark in the video).

Weir was immediately helped up by crew members and given a chair to sit in on stage. The band finished the song with Weir ... but helped him off the stage as soon as the jam ended.

Lesh returned to the stage moments later and said Weir had been bothered by a strained shoulder. They finished the set without him.

The band is scheduled to play Saturday night in Atlantic City -- no word yet on whether the show will go on.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/26/bob-weir- ... z2RaoysqDH
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:49 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Bob Weir Collapses on Stage
Doesn't look like a shoulder problem to me. I sure hope he's really ok or if not gets the medical care he needs. We LOVE him!!!

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

I had not heard that, thanks for posting... The video is definately one of those things that makes you go :?

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:14 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah, I posted and THEN watched the video. It was more upsetting that I'd anticipated :(

I'm sort of amazed that he fell flat on his face and the rest of the band kept going without missing a step.

....and then they played FOR TEN MORE MINUTES before they ended the song. :shock:

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:27 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I must admit, I've nodded off to Unbroken Chain a time or two myself. ;)

I kid, and really love Bobby Rockstar and hope he gets some help if there's a problem at hand.

Looks like a mix of muscle relaxants and some mixed drinks.

I hear Jackie Greene may be filling in for Bob for awhile.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:34 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

gma wrote:
Doesn't look like a shoulder problem to me.

I totally agree ^^^

Hope he's okay.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:52 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

he is a national treasure :)

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:19 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

frenchiejess wrote:
I'm sort of amazed that he fell flat on his face and the rest of the band kept going without missing a step.
....and then they played FOR TEN MORE MINUTES before they ended the song. :shock:

The show must go on. Back in the day, the fellas kept playing in when Jerry couldn't make it through a set w/o sneaking offstage for a bump.

Two things come to mind: A) their gig started as a jug band, basically a barroom entertainment. If s#%t happens, dodge the bullets, but KEEP PLAYING! :) ... and B) These guys never stopped playing, despite many a musical trainwreck; why would they stop just cuz 1/6 of the band fall down go boom? :D

Seriously, I hope Bobby is fine. He looked unbalanced from the git-go in that video... and I agree; that ain't your normal stance for dealing with a shoulder pain.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

And the band keeps playin on.
Bob Weir is a warrior musician, a road dog for longer than a billion people alive.

Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:13 pm Profile
 [ 9 posts ]