Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:05 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:05 pm

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Meet and Greet 2014. Keep River Road? 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Meet and Greet 2014. Keep River Road?
Whatever happens, I'm in. I tend to have extended periods that I don't log on but I'll try to stay better informed so that I can help when needed. :oops:

Thu May 09, 2013 9:03 am Profile
Wanee Master

shaw23 wrote:
one of the blessings that i've cherished is the opportunity to meet so many fine people at wanee each year. the brothers and sisters were gracious enough to take in me and my friends in back in 2012 and you all greated myra with open arms this year. thank you for that.

and i guess at it's core, the explosive growth of new members to the brothers and sisters has led to the meet and greet being unmanageable. so maybe andie is on to something.

maybe it's time for the m&g to move to a larger area that can accomodate hundreds. maybe there's also a place for smaller gatherings. maybe it's time to set clearer expectations of what is expected.

if one is told that all that is required to participate is a smile and a hug, it has to be expected that folks will take us up on that. there will be shortages of food and drink. i can only speak for myra and me. we wouldn't think of attending a party without contributing something. it seems that the event has gotten to a point that it's become a burden. that's a shame.

i'm thankful that i got to experience the m&g and the opportunity to meet so many of you. no matter what happens, i'll still look forward to seeing the friends i've made over the last 2 years.

Well spoke!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon May 13, 2013 7:18 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Just to bring everyone up to speed. The party will be moving to Waneetopia due to popular consensus. When the time comes, someone else will have to take the reigns and plan it. I'm all for helping, but perhaps a few people camping there would be better suited to set up a shindig there. I will keep the spot on River Road and plan on having a smaller gathering, and we all know there will be plenty of those. Stay tuned.

Last edited by AndieBee on Tue May 14, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue May 14, 2013 12:00 am Profile
Wanee Pro

ear to the ground

Tue May 14, 2013 6:59 am Profile
Wanee Master

AndieBee wrote:
Just to bring everyone up to speed. The party will be moving to Waneetopia

There's a tear in my beer.... :cry: :cry:

Tue May 14, 2013 1:40 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Don't cry Rivernole!

Tue May 14, 2013 5:19 pm Profile
Wanee Master

AndieBee wrote:
Don't cry Rivernole

I guess i am just a sentimentalist....like things to stay the same..and love it when it does. You have been the greatest host and great at keeping order with the crowd. Just hate to see it move...even though I never stayed at the site very long.. just long enough to speak to some and then move on.
I am sorry I didn't see much of you this last Wanee, AB...but promise to do better next time.

Tue May 14, 2013 5:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

It's hard for me to pick my favorite Meet and Greet from 2013.
The ones we had Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and culminating with the Official one.

Saturday with Lynn and her Oyster do stand out ;) 8-) :lol:

Tue May 14, 2013 6:22 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Rivernole wrote:
AndieBee wrote:
Don't cry Rivernole

I guess i am just a sentimentalist....like things to stay the same..and love it when it does. You have been the greatest host and great at keeping order with the crowd. Just hate to see it move...even though I never stayed at the site very long.. just long enough to speak to some and then move on.
I am sorry I didn't see much of you this last Wanee, AB...but promise to do better next time.

It was hard to keep track of so many friends, even on my early morning walks I didn't run into friends who usually were out and around at those hours. It's a different Wanee. True friends old and new will always be welcome at our home site of 212A.

Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:
It's hard for me to pick my favorite Meet and Greet from 2013.
The ones we had Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and culminating with the Official one.

Saturday with Lynn and her Oyster do stand out ;) 8-) :lol:

Big difference between preparties and our official Meet and Greet. The people who can't make it early get a chance to meet the rest of the family.

Tue May 14, 2013 7:53 pm Profile
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5