Last visit was: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 pm It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:58 pm

[ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post Wanee Scavengers 
Wanee Fan

Post Re: Post Wanee Scavengers
Volkemon wrote:
@SeaPa -

"" Spyder & Volke, among others. ""

Please do not confuse our empathy with intent. :)

Just sarcastic humor, sometimes the sarcasm gets lost in the innerwebz tubes.

Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

No offense taken. :)

Many times on other forums I have seen the a tag like *Sarcasm* , [/sarcasm] , or #Not! used at the end of a sarcastic statement to clarify. They are similar to coding comments that programmers leave in code.

Or there is the Sarcmark,

or there is a sarcastic font even! Its a 'backwards' italic -

Image << would denote that *maybe* the person really isnt helping..

So do your homework before dissing people again! [/sarcasm]

Turning my OCD's into an education... Image

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

SeaPA wrote:
Just sarcastic humor, sometimes the sarcasm gets lost in the innerwebz tubes.

Understood.
I thought it was funny.

Wed May 01, 2013 11:13 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Volkemon wrote:
So do your homework before dissing people again! [/sarcasm]

and JUST to be sure... there IS a [/sarcasm] tag after that... Joke.. Right? Everyone on the same page? Like this was an example, NOT trying to PO SeaPA... or anyone else...

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed May 01, 2013 11:52 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

You know, you guys can take your sarcasm and twiddle me a new hammock! ;)

and yes that was sarcasm, which is also the way I interpreted SeaP's comment and I know you guys are just trying to calm me down and let me know they were most likely not "stealing", but rather excited and confused to see a sweet "abandoned" hammock. I mean them no harm or anything of that matter, just want them to think next time, and return our hammock. :)

Wed May 01, 2013 2:04 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Scrog wrote:
and return our hammock.

UNFORTUNATELY....bet it is not gonna happen

Wed May 01, 2013 5:34 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Scrog wrote:
You know, you guys can take your sarcasm and twiddle me a new hammock! ;)

and yes that was sarcasm, which is also the way I interpreted SeaP's comment and I know you guys are just trying to calm me down and let me know they were most likely not "stealing", but rather excited and confused to see a sweet "abandoned" hammock. I mean them no harm or anything of that matter, just want them to think next time, and return our hammock. :)

Twiddle ye a hammock? Why maybe so.

I think what we (Spyderstan and I) are trying to convey to you is that the element that takes an 'abandoned' hammock 20' from a campsite is easily understood, but not readily changed. :( They were not likely confused, but indeed excited on acquiring a hammock they had been desiring. Nor are they likely to change their ways...in the immediate future. (or lurk in this FINE forum..)

But note I say immediate future. This can be said with some certainty. I am sure you recall I admitted to being of such character as to be a scavenger 20-30 yrs ago. A real DILLIGAF . Not a proud admission of the act(s), but more to show that there is even hope for such low life scavengers to be upstanding people later in life. Time will teach them to think, and increase its punishments until they learn or perish.

But for today, the lesson to be learned is that when Wanee ends, it ends quickly. And one should be mindful of the outside world element that sweeps in soon after.

But there are balancing forces. You overpaid $20 on the ticket. I am going to be returning that, as I am bound by the purchase agreement allowing me to get my VIP ticket at a discount. Put this towards the new hammock. You will receive other gifts from life soon. But you know this. Image

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm Profile WWW
 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2