Last visit was: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:49 am It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:49 am

[ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 69  Next
 What's Your Next Show? 
Wanee Master

Post Re: What's Your Next Show?
scotydog826 wrote:
WaneeVirgin wrote:
Panic in Pelham, AL

July 19 & 20

be careful

Why?????

Oak Mountain is a pretty nice place.....have a lot of good shows. I don't think there is anything to worry 'bout there.
Of course, be careful everywhere.....

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:57 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Looks like a weekend in N FL for me and the boy, not this weekend but next. Tommy Womack is playing Kokomo's in Flagler Beach on Fri 7/26, and at a house concert the next night in StAug, 7/27. Shows are being produced by my buddy JB, an all around Good Guy and long time supporter of MagFest /Springfest.

If any of you are curious, Tommy is a great singer/songwriter originally from W KY, now in E NashVegas. And possibly the funniest songster I've ever heard. I guarantee he will keep you laughing. And he writes some great tunes too.

I'm still flying from last weekend's three nights of Railroad Earth in Colorado... nothing on tap this weekend, I got some things to catch up on around the house ... dangit :P

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:13 pm Profile
Wanee Master

beach bob wrote:
Looks like a weekend in N FL for me and the boy

FYI....Colonel Bruce is playing the Bradsfordville Blues Club in Tally tonite
....not sure where N Fl is to you.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:28 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

For me, 'N FL' is anyplace north of Martin County :D

What I meant by referring to 'N FL' is: A road trip! 8-)

Tally is another chunk past the SOSMP, and a destination not undertaken lightly from my starting point :P

At any rate: A chance to see the Col, is always a good thing to take up. I once had a verrrry interesting convo w/ the Col, and the owner of the Bamboo Room, after hours. Kinda had a twilight zone feel to it.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:22 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Couch Tour Tonight! Phish in Chicago!
livephish.com

Womack next Friday in Flagler and The Honeyslides in Sanford, FL at the Alley on the 27th!Whooot!

There are things that music can do that language could never do, that painting can never do, or sculpture. Music is capable of going directly to the source of the mystery. It doesn't have to explain it. It can simply celebrate it.(and make you dance your azzoff!)

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:51 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Tomorrow night Verizon in Alpharetta, GA. TTB and Black Crowes. Can't wait. I do kinda wish I was at Oak Mountain Panic though. I wish I could be two places at once sometimes!

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:54 pm Profile
Wanee Master

HOW CAN YOU BE IN TWO PLACES AT ONCE WHEN YOU'RE NOT ANYWHERE AT ALL?

(Bum, bum, bum, bum, bum, bum...)

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:42 pm Profile
Wanee Master

THURSDAY JULY 18
I decided to hit the Dunedin Brewery to check out the Commoners, based only on their description on the Dunedin website. I am still on a hot streak. These boys were fabulous. They rock, rock, rock. They don't sound like Panic, but they jam -- to me -- like Panic. There were a couple of tunes that are no my favorite style, but they were very well played, and lead guitar player Scott killed it EVERY TIME. I am hoping to catch them again soon. Here is a video that is two years old. They need to get some new stuff our pronto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8uxdpcfWbw

FRIDAY JULY 19
Headed back to Dunedin for the Savi Fernandez Band. Great decision again! Best Savi performance -- for me -- both the band and Savi's guitar playing. Added bonus was that this was Christian Ryan's last show with them. I did not remember Christian playing with Savi previously, but I did see him with Holey Miss Moley, another group I saw at Dunedin last month, based on a couple of videos I had seen. They are an awesome jazz-funk band. Christian has a pretty good excuse: he is heading to the Berklee School of Music in Boston. That is as good as it gets.

SATURDAY JULY 20
Hoping to catch Serotonic in Ybor City, and maybe the Commoners, too!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:52 pm Profile
Wanee Peach

Tonight - Tedeschi Trucks / Black Crowes in Charlotte Uptown Amphitheater !

Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:00 am Profile
Site Admin

Nantucketfan wrote:
Tonight - Tedeschi Trucks / Black Crowes in Charlotte Uptown Amphitheater !

Sweet. Listening to both today on deep nuggets radio and was thinking how awesome it would be to take in both in one show. Enjoy!!!

What is your listening pleasure today? Find it at
AccuRadio

Deep Nuggets on Tunein Radio - Deep Nugs

Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:07 pm Profile
 [ 690 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 69  Next