Last visit was: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:25 am It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:25 am

[ 735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 74  Next
 What's Your Next Show? 
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: What's Your Next Show?
Daaaaang, Indy: The Waterboys! :shock:

I'd maim small children to see that show. As with many such rare appearances, the 19 million residents of FL get shut out :x

A very good call on your part. Do enjoy, for those of us there in spirit only 8-)

Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:17 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

beach bob wrote:
Daaaaang, Indy: The Waterboys! :shock:

I'd maim small children to see that show. As with many such rare appearances, the 19 million residents of FL get shut out :x

A very good call on your part. Do enjoy, for those of us there in spirit only 8-)

My next shows are
The Cult
Huey Lewis and the News
Depeche Mode

Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:46 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Now I understand why you don't like WP.Huey Lewis and The News and Depeche Mode :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Top40 Bubblegum!!!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:24 am Profile
Wanee Lover

maestro63 wrote:

My next shows are
The Cult
Huey Lewis and the News
Depeche Mode

Bubblegum? Little love here folks. I would LOVE to see any and all of these acts, they put on a great live show.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:56 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Two weeks ago, I headed to the Dunedin Brewery to check out a band I had not heard and knew only from their description on the Brewery website. The Commoners just plain knocked me out. They did some decent covers, but the best part of the show by far was their original material. I have been advancing this theory about music, in the moment being as good as it gets. The Commoners hit that peak for me.

But I wanted to be sure my ears did not deceive me, so two days later I went to Southern Ground to see if I was right. They were better. To top it off, by 1:50 the place had cleared out – except for me and the barmaid. They could easily have packed it in at that point. Instead, they delivered their best performance of the night – just for me.

Round 3?
Friday, August 2nd, Southern Ground, north Tampa, 11:30 PM

Round 4?
Saturday, August 3rd, Martini Republic, Ybor City, 9:30 PM

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Comm ... 4901147580

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

We were in Baltimore last weekend visiting family. I knew before we went, courtesy of Jambase, that the All Mighty Senators were playing Saturday night at the 8x10 (which used to be the Funk Box). I had never been there. 8x10 is a pretty good description. Linda went, and and I corralled my brother as well.

I have been a Senators fan for a long time, and we saw them in 2009 in a short set at All Good, so this was my first opportunity for a full show. To our delight, the opening band, Bosley, was killer. You have probably seen me rave about Monophonics, the psychedelic soul band out of San Francisco that blew me away at Wanee. Bosley Brown and his seven cohorts put on a fabulous soul show. Bosley is an excellent singer and superb showman with James Brown moves and spirit. I just ordered their CD "Honey Pig." Kudos to the entire band and especially Chris (?), a great tenor sax player (and flute). Lots of fun originals and some Motown covers as well.

The Senators blasted for close to two hours. Landis Expandis is a great front man with beautiful voice -- soaring falsetto and great tenor(?). His stand-up pink drum kit is front and center on stage. Warren Boes is truly an underrated guitar hero, and the entire band rocked the house. Plus, I got to shout out "Open up a can of Whoop Ass!" during "Transmitta!" Great show, and "Raw Power" was tremendous, as always.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:23 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

PEACH FEST!!! Allmans! Crowes! Rat Dog! Mule! Royal Southern! Grace! And MUCH, MUCH, MORE!

Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:17 pm Profile
Wanee Master

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:
PEACH FEST!!! Allmans! Crowes! Rat Dog! Mule! Royal Southern! Grace! And MUCH, MUCH, MORE!

.... and ME!! Can you stand it!?

Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:24 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

AndieBee wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

.... and ME!! Can you stand it!?

ME TOO!! Eleven more days!
I haven't seen Bobby (except on Wednesdays) in a long time.

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:03 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

Berry Duane Oakley and the skylab band at a great local place the music ranch

Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:17 pm Profile
 [ 735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 74  Next