Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:00 am

[ 757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 76  Next
 What's Your Next Show? 
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: What's Your Next Show?
Tedeschi Trucks Band November 21 Halifax Nova Scotia Canada!

Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:39 pm Profile
Wanee Master

It just happed, Black Crowes in St Augustine... Next Mr JJ Grey in Savannah!

Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:56 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Magfest and the countdown is on!

Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:10 pm Profile
Wanee Master

A TALE OF TWO CITIES

FRIDAY, ST. PETERSBURG

Jam Jeopardy for $1000. The answer is: Cope Back Alice, or Come Back Cope

What happens if you have a mash-up of two of Florida’s premier bands?

Friday night at the Ringside Café (soon to be razed for a Trader Joe’s?!?!?), the Stadelman Brothers – Dennis and Kenny – of Cope teamed with Tony Tyler and Dani Jaye of Come Back Alice (and yet another drummer whose name I do not remember) almost destroyed the Ringside ahead of schedule. With Tyler on the glorious Hammond B3 for the evening, they romped through Cope tunes and great covers, joined by Dani’s violin and vocals for the second set. Sorry, gents, but she owned “Another Brick in the Wall.”

This was a very, very special night indeed.

SUNDAY, DUNEDIN

The Heavy Pets anchored the end of Oktobeerfest at the Dunedin Brewery. One Sun opened. I need to see them again. It was far too loud outside (rarely a problem at the Brewery) to appreciate their music.

Drummer Jamie Newitt confided before the show that the Pets were “down a man.” Mike Garulli, one of the two guitarist/vocalists who front the band, had pulled his back out and did not make the Key West trip or the marathon drive to Dunedin for this show. Pets fans knew that Jeff Lloyd would step up and fill the void, and he most certainly did. The quartet sounded excellent on some favorites and a couple of tunes new to me. We had to split shortly after my personal fav, “Dewpoint.” I’m looking forward to my next Heavy Pets sighting at AURA.

Now the downside. I recognize that I am totally focused when I go to see live music, but I now concede that there are people who are totally UNfocused and have absolutely NO interest in the music. This, however, apparently does not prevent them from sitting right up front and screaming at each other like banshies. These three young harpies in front of us shrieked and blabbed during the entire set (well, as far as we made it). There was no recognition from them that truly awesome music was filling the room. One of the dudes with them sat with his back to the band and never turned around.

It is such a shame that there are people who have no respect for the musicians and no respect for the people trying to listen. I swear I’m wearing that shirt. You know, the one that says:

PLEASE TALK LOUDER! I CAN STILL HEAR THE BAND!

***Sigh***

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:06 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

tieyourshoes51 wrote:

PLEASE TALK LOUDER! I CAN STILL HEAR THE BAND!

***Sigh***

TYS I want one of these t-shirts in XXL!

Dumb all over,
Near and Far.
Dumb all over,
Yes we are

Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:27 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I think I'm going to have to get them made up! I'll keep you posted...

Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Panic in the Villes!!! Jacksonville Nov.6 & Ashville Nov.8&9 and Dec.30 Tunes For Tots and NYE at Phillips Arena and after these shows Ill Still Want More. ;)

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:01 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I'll take two. I recently saw Wynn and the Believers for the first time and others tried hard to ruin it for me but they eventually faded away, as I was blown away.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:50 am Profile
Wanee Master

nomad wrote:
I'll take two. I recently saw Wynn and the Believers for the first time and others tried hard to ruin it for me but they eventually faded away, as I was blown away.

Nice. TW & tB are perhaps a bit too Americana for me (my fault, not theirs), but Thomas and Olivia never fail to give you everything they've got. They play hard.

And their Dad, Tom Wynn, was the drummer for Capricorn recording artists Cowboy. I saw them open for ABB in March of 1971 at lehigh in Behtlehem (that was a pretty good tour, you may recall!). Cowboy was led by Scott Boyer and Tommy Talton.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:05 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Mag in less then Image days!

Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:54 pm Profile
 [ 757 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 76  Next