Last visit was: Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:14 pm It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:14 pm

[ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 69  Next
 What's Your Next Show? 
Wanee Master

Post Re: What's Your Next Show?
I had hoped to catch Serotonic at the Dunedin Brewery, but I wasted 3.5 hours of my life I'll never get back watching "Eyes Wide Shut."

But tonight, I WILL make it to Dunedin to see Future Vintage. I have never seen them, but this is right up my alley (think Bear Creek and AURA):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSXQWl9cHgA

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Quote:
Nice. TW & tB are perhaps a bit too Americana for me (my fault, not theirs), but Thomas and Olivia never fail to give you everything they've got. They play hard.

And their Dad, Tom Wynn, was the drummer for Capricorn recording artists Cowboy. I saw them open for ABB in March of 1971 at lehigh in Behtlehem (that was a pretty good tour, you may recall!). Cowboy was led by Scott Boyer and Tommy Talton.
Quote:

Not much of a Southern Rock feel thats for sure. Other than a Little Feat cover, it was all original and sort of Robin Trower meets Pink Floyd. Hard working for sure...Gonna see them again soon when they open for Rusted Root.

I saw that tour as well - fortunately or unfortunately as it turned out, at the Mosque in Pittsburgh. And later in 74-? saw Greegg and company at a little club in Ohio. Both outstanding....

Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:07 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Kevin Gordon - the Basement http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74ZjsIpu9-Y

SIMO - the Family Wash http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eubOmCZDHV

I would love to see either of these bands at Wanee. I feel most would appreciate their music as much as I do. Have a great day!

Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:02 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

Black Crowes tomorrow night!

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:32 am Profile
Wanee Master

EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

Seen them 3 times this year and they kicked ass each time 8-)

Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:36 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Terrapin Flyer feat. Melvin Seals and Tom Constanten ... and we get to see Jerry Gass aka Cosmos while he is here in town on business

Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:16 am Profile
Wanee Wizard

Jensen B Gator wrote:
EnjoyingTheRide wrote:

Seen them 3 times this year and they kicked ass each time 8-)

We saw them at Peach and Interlocken. At Peach they started a little slow for me but warmed up well about half way through. At Interlocken, they kicked it hard!

Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:23 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Keller Williams Thursday Oct 24. Wilmington DE

Phil Lesh Saturday November 9 NYC
Monday November 11 Philly
Tuesday November 12 philly
Wednesday November 13 philly

Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:15 pm Profile
Wanee Master

To: Paul Levine & Bear Creek
Cc: AURA Festival
Re: FUTURE VINTAGE

Hey! Mr. Hyperbole here. Yeah, I know. Curb your enthusiasm. But there has been so much great music in the Tampa area. I have posted in recent weeks about Come Back Alice, Cope, the Heavy Pets and Kung Fu (and, not coincidentally, all four bands will be at SoSMP for one or more upcoming festivals).

But I reached nirvana again Friday night at the Dunedin Brewery. I went to see Future Vintage based on some YouTube videos. I thought it would be “right up my alley,” as I posted Friday. Little did I know!

The name Future Vintage is spot-on. The first thing I heard was vintage Herbie Hancock and George Duke, and that was spectacular. Then I heard The Motet, the New Deal, Juno What?, Pnuma Trio and other bands of that persuasion – very much the future. I was blown out – again.

I have been accused – fairly – of repeating my mantra: in the moment, this was as good as it gets. For Future Vintage, I will go one step further (farther, it’s a figurative step!). This performance brought me as much joy and elation as any performance I have EVER heard. And I am thinking about Lee Boys “Go to Glory” / “Dance with Me”-type joy and elation.

Matt Giancola on keyboards, Trevor McDannel on bass and Dean Rocco on drums absolutely killed it the entire night. And the best surprise was that the best dancer of the first set, Ben Plott, sat in on guitar during part of the second set and help tear the roof off the sucker!

I know they were at the recent Disk Jam, and I have read many good comments about them. They NEED to be at Bear Creek and AURA. They BELONG at Bear Creek and AURA!

Check out their EP:
https://soundcloud.com/future-vintage-b ... vintage-ep

Sorry. My enthusiasm simply will NOT be curbed!

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thanks to some really special folks helping me scout out an early bird ticket and a great dude helping me procure said ticket, I'm going to Mag Fest! Whooooo hooo!

Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:31 am Profile
 [ 685 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 69  Next