Last visit was: Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:50 pm It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:50 pm

[ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Meet and Greet 2014. Keep River Road? 
Wanee Master

Post Meet and Greet 2014. Keep River Road?
Howdy Family! While it's fresh on my mind, what are everyone's thoughts on keeping the M&G at the same place on River Road for next year? We have 90 days to secure the same site. I have no problem grabbing the site again then camping on the back side at 212B to set up the party - but I wanted to point out that we had close to 200 people at the M&G this year. If each of those 200 people gave a buck or two the cost of the site would be covered. Yet, the cost was funded mostly by a few people who gave larger donations (myself included). These same people (you know who you are) are always the first to step up when it comes to miracling tickets or lending a hand to family in need. Believe me I appreciate everything that everyone does! But if everyone gave a little, no one would have to carry more than his/her share. If you came to the party, please consider giving a buck or two to help secure the site for 2014. With the price increase, it might not happen without a little more help this year. So the floor is open, feel free to discuss what we should do.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:16 am Profile
Wanee Master

Post Re: Meet and Greet 2014. Keep River Road?
At $400 a site maybe it's best to move the Meet and Greet to Waneetopia?? We certainly had a big enough area at the Kitchen/ Campfire area.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:08 am Profile
Wanee Lover

AndieBee-

(I iz SO embarrassed calling you Annie on Sunday! :oops: )

Maybe you could set up and post a paypal ID we could donate directly to. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

I was (unfortunately) *SO* hungover I dont remember much of it. :( Had to go back to the site and rest. On my second try a bit later, the Whipped cream and gummi bears brought me around a bit. Likewise with the Wanee Nectar and cherries. I WanneBe in better shape next year!

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:39 am Profile WWW
Wanee Pro

Volkemon wrote:
Maybe you could set up and post a paypal ID we could donate directly to. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.
[/size]

Good idea.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:03 am Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I liked the spot. Thought it was great. I would help

Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:39 am Profile
Wanee Lover

The central location sure can't be beat. From what I heard Waneetopia was pretty crowded by M & G time, would there be enough room for that many people? Either was is good with me and I will gladly contribute.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:14 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Let's move it to somewhere free but not Waneetopia.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:10 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Better to be on the back side than the road side site. Seemed like overflow into the street with ppl. Backside road not as busy!

Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 am Profile
Wanee Master

Volkemon wrote:
AndieBee-

(I iz SO embarrassed calling you Annie on Sunday! :oops: )

I was (unfortunately) *SO* hungover I dont remember much of it. :( Had to go back to the site and rest. On my second try a bit later, the Whipped cream and gummi bears brought me around a bit. Likewise with the Wanee Nectar and cherries. I WanneBe in better shape next year!

I've been called worse. Really no problem! Thanks for coming. It was an awesome time.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:34 am Profile
Wanee Master

I really wish Adam would come back and chime in on this. It's our party and I would really like to do what the group decides. I like the tradition of having it on River Road. It's "Our Spot", but we have grown so much since 2009. Even if we move the M&G, I will still set up in that same area and leave water/snacks out for people leaving from the main Peach gate. It's nice to have another area to stop as a resting place.

Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:40 am Profile
 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next