Last visit was: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:46 am It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:46 am

[ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next
 INTERLOCKEN MUSIC FESTIVAL 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: INTERLOCKEN MUSIC FESTIVAL
http://www.jambands.com/features/2013/06/21/sci-the-zac-brown-incident-new-album-summer-tour/#.UciMZTuG2Sq

This weekend in Telluride, the String Cheese Incident will return to the stage for their first performances since New Year’s Eve. The band will be on the road for much of the summer, mostly in festival settings, with gigs at Electric Forest, Forecastle and Horning’s Hideout. On September 5 and 6 the group will be appear at the inaugural Interlocken Festival in Arrington, VA. In addition to their own performance the group will appear with special guest Zac Brown as the Zac Brown Incident. Last month, SCI’s Keith Moseley came out to Red Rocks (where String Cheese is slated to appear on July 26 and 27), to watch the Zac Brown Band in preparation for Interlocken. In the following conversation Moseley discusses the ZBB as well as the next String Cheese album and other upcoming endeavors.

Q:You were sidestage during the final night of the Zac Brown Band at Red Rocks. I assume you were prepping for Interlocken. How familiar were you with Zac and the group?

A:That’s the first time I’d seen them. I first caught wind of Zac Brown Band seeing them play on the Grammys television show, two, three years ago. I checked them out and was interested in the music they’d been making. A jamband playing country was my initial take on it. Fast-forward to a couple months ago when we started talking to Mike Luba, one of our managers who saying, “What do you think about doing the Zac Brown Incident at this upcoming Interlocken festival? Part of the deal there is going to be some collaborations and crossovers between different artists.” And we said, “Yeah, great. That sounds really interesting.” I’ve always had some interest in bluegrass, country roots kind of music, so I was definitely interested. And then they just happened to be playing Red Rocks here, so I went down on Friday and checked out the show, spent a little time getting to know Zac after the show. We met for the first time right before the show, checked it out, and I spent a little time afterwards just talking about the upcoming chance to play together and what tunes we might to, trying to find some common ground. It turns out there’s a lot of common ground there. Before the Zac Brown Band I guess he did thousands of bar gigs playing all the classic rock covers. He’s a Dead fan, there’s a lot of crossover there, a lot of common ground. So I’m looking forward to playing with him.

Q:I know it’s still a few months out but can you give us a hint as to what folks can expect from the Zac Brown Incident at Interlocken?

A:I think that the idea will be that we’ll do a few Zac Brown tunes and a few String Cheese tunes and we’ll trade some verses and that will be a start of the originals. We also spoke about, if we do some originals, if we do some Zac Brown tunes, let’s try to do them a little differently than his band does them. We don’t want to come out and try to replicate exactly what they do. We might take “Chicken Fried,” which is a country tune and give it more of a reggae feel, something like that. And then as far as covers we were just brainstorming back and forth, everything from Pink Floyd tunes to Grateful Dead, Tom Petty, The Band, some classic country, George Jones, I don’t want to give it away, but those are the things we were looking up. To be continued. We’ve kind of got a rough list going and we’ve emailed a couple times since then, “Check out this tune.” It turns out Zac has an incredible music vocabulary and library. You know he reminds me a lot of Keller in a lot of ways. Obviously they’re very different in that Keller’s very quirky and into the looping thing and unique, but just in terms of being a pure singer/songwriter with a huge library, catalogue of tunes and being very driven. Those guys are similar in a lot of ways.

Q:Speaking of Keller, do you have any plans to tour or record with him at some point?

A:You know, I love playing with Keller. The only thing on the horizon right now it looks like there’s potentially a Grateful Grass date or two before the end of the year, which was Keller and myself and Jeff Austin doing some Grateful Dead things. So that might happen before the end of the year. He’s also talked about doing the WMD reunion with myself and [Gibb] Droll and [Jeff] Sipe. I love that and was really proud of that project and hopefully we can figure out some time to do it. It’s all about scheduling of course and String Cheese looks to be a little busier this summer and fall it’s always hard to squeeze these things in there, but I would jump in any camp with Keller at any time.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:02 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Thank you for posting this. I have to admit, I am much more excited now about the entire event. Now it's even harder to wait.

Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:59 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I don't even know when i will have time to go to the bathroom with that lineup playing non stop.

Always a good problem to have

Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:20 am Profile
Wanee Pro

scotydog826 wrote:
I don't even know when i will have time to go to the bathroom with that lineup playing non stop.

Always a good problem to have

http://click.no155.com/ViewLandingPage. ... TA&sysid=1

lol the stadium pal! and hooch hiders for the win! :mrgreen:

Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am Profile
Wanee Lover

I just wear quick drying shorts. You can guess the rest.

Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:36 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

i thought this was a pants optional kind of party

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:12 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Depends vendors should make a fortune!

Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:53 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

AndieBee wrote:
Depends vendors should make a fortune!

that is a gold mine!

Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:00 pm Profile
Wanee Wizard

"And then as far as covers we were just brainstorming back and forth, everything from Pink Floyd tunes to Grateful Dead, Tom Petty, The Band, some classic country, George Jones, I don’t want to give it away, but those are the things we were looking up."

^^^This^^^ has peaked my interest...

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:43 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Interlocken Changes:

To all,

Thank you all for your constructive comments and for showing faith in us. Everyone has told me not to post in response, hence this post.

First of all no-one is required to do anything, Tent-Only Camping is an option that has just recently come into better focus, so we're trying to highlight it. The headline is this: because you're the early ticket buyers you can EXCHANGE at no cost for the next couple of weeks for this category of camping.

Because this is our first year we've been trying to make a lot of things happen, but some of these decisions are not solely ours to make, fore-instance, and sadly, Amtrak won't be running a train for us this year. Just recently we learned the following;1) each "campsite" can only contain one tent, (pop-ups and shade structures are not classified as "tents"), so bring em, 2) it's likely that Forest Camping without cars will be allowed, 3) there are concerns about the safety of car-camping in general; http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2011-10-10/entertainment/bal-all-good-festival-hit-with-wrongful-death-lawsuit-20111004_1_tents-lawsuit-music-festival.

Also many have messaged that you're camping without a car. So we're putting Tent-Only (and hopefully Forest) in the closest of the three camping areas and borrowing how that's operated from Glastonbury. The Tent-Only's need to be physically closest to Day-Parking to recharge their iPhone, get an AC break, get something out of the trunk, run to the Food Lion, etc. GA Camping is fun and it's always a little safer when mass gatherings of people have a little separation from their multi-ton-machinery.

To (hopefully) clarify further:

1. If you already bought Car-Camping and have more than one tent, you'll need to buy additional Car-Camping passes for each tent. Because you've already bought the cost will remain at $20 for you for the next few weeks. This is not a money maker, it's a space killer, but we agree with the authorities, it will be safer.

2. Prices will go up tomorrow for the "new" Car-Campers. Again, if you've already bought Car-Camping prices remain at $20 per additional Car-Camping spot for the next few weeks.

3. If you already bought Day-Parking and are camping you can get a Tent-Only pass for free.

4. The two other Car Campsites are 1.25 miles at the very farthest from the Event Site.

5. Because of the traffic plan you will not be able to drop off camping supplies in Tent-Only, we're working on a shuttle and will post when we know more details.

6. Exact locations for Portojons, showers, etc., are still be determined, a more detailed map will be posted once we work through some of the bureaucracy.

7. If Forest Camping is permitted, you; the people who have already purchased, will be messaged and given the opportunity to EXCHANGE for that. Any Forest Camping not exchanged will be put on sale for $50.

8. Car-Camping prices go up tomorrow, we've compared with other Festivals and several charge far more, we've have a huge response to camping, thank you.

9. Ticket prices will be going up again before the end of the month.

I hope this is helpful and appreciate your patience and trust, we really hope you enjoy the show.

Dave Frey

Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:20 pm Profile
 [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next