Last visit was: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:10 am It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:10 am

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 A subdued 2013 Wanee... 
Wanee Gnome

Post A subdued 2013 Wanee...
Was it me or did this year's Wanee seem kinda weak? The lineup wasn't as chock full of stellar artists as in previous years...not to put any of the existing artists down but there were no Grateful Dead element(s). Even the banner artwork on both stages were downsized/changed and some of the performances seemed mediocre. Is ABB turning their focus to the Peach Fest up north? LONG LIVE WANEE!!!

Mon May 20, 2013 11:00 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Post Re: A subdued 2013 Wanee...
None of the acts I saw seemed subdued. In fact the only time I stopped shaking it was when I was on the back of a Harley. Well, thats not completely true, I shook a bit when we hit soft sand and the bike went down. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Following the shadows of the skies or are they only figments of my eyes?
And I'm feeling close to where the race is run
Waiting in our boats to set sail, sea of joy

Tue May 21, 2013 9:52 am Profile
Wanee Pro

If they bring back the exact same bands for 2014, okay with me.
If I had to delete one 2013 band, my choice I expect, would start a debate. Different strokes for different folks.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:35 am Profile
Wanee Master

I was happy with the line-up....ABB....Mule....WSP...Leon Russell
Royal Southern Brotherhood....Dumpsta... Wetlands All-stars...Hot Tuna...etal.
I especially loved the interaction of the bands...WSP playing with the Brothers....Warren playing with several different groups....Gregg playing with his son.....many different people playing with other groups. It just demonstates the love of music for these guys and their willingness to promote others and their humbleness to allow others to play with them...a real brotherhood of musicians.
I love the Dead and their music....but it is kinda nice to go in a different direction sometimes. Somehow I just didn't miss the Dead element of people this year....the previous year was just a little much.
Next years Wanee just can't get here soon enough. Just hope next year we have Grace Potter & the Nocturnals...and a few more....but whatever will make me happy.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:47 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

had a great time nothing subbooed here :)

Tue May 21, 2013 4:59 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Woe is me there was no "Dead" bands :roll:

I had a great time. 8-) 8-)

Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 pm Profile
Wanee Master

I had a grate time too. I did miss the GD presence, but it didn't spoil my Wanee.

Tue May 21, 2013 5:51 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

In a word, no.

Wed May 22, 2013 11:41 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

mvaefx wrote:
Was it me or did this year's Wanee seem kinda weak? The lineup wasn't as chock full of stellar artists as in previous years...not to put any of the existing artists down but there were no Grateful Dead element(s). Even the banner artwork on both stages were downsized/changed and some of the performances seemed mediocre. Is ABB turning their focus to the Peach Fest up north? LONG LIVE WANEE!!!

I wasnt there this year but it would seem that with all the yuppies complaining about the Dead heads and the obvious Dead snub this year, there are forces pushing away......could it be jive nation? It also could be the park. I wonder who "puts on" the Peach fest?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 22, 2013 3:07 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

I thought it was outstanding! Just me but.....no dead is ok....its about the Allman Brothers anyway. Just sayin'! :mrgreen:

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed May 22, 2013 3:59 pm Profile
 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next