Last visit was: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:53 pm It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:53 pm

[ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Powerball Winner 
Wanee Veteran

Post Powerball Winner
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/05/us/florid ... ?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- An 84-year-old Florida woman claimed the second-biggest U.S. lottery jackpot Wednesday and will pocket a $370 million lump sum before taxes, state lottery officials announced.

Gloria Mackenzie bought the winning ticket in the May 18 Powerball drawing at a grocery store in Zephyrhills, near Tampa, Florida Lottery Secretary Cynthia O'Connell said.

Mackenzie did not attend a news conference and pleaded for privacy in a statement O'Connell read to reporters.

The amount of the prize ballooned to $590 million as the drawing approached, with Florida lottery officials selling about $45,000 worth of tickets an hour at the peak.

Mackenzie turned down the 30-year payout and took the smaller one-time amount, O'Connell said.

That last sentence cracked me up. 8-)

In the clearing stands a boxer and a fighter by his trade and he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down and cut him till he cried out in his anger and his shame, "I am leaving, I am leaving"...

...But the fighter still remains.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:15 pm Profile
Wanee Demi-God

Post Re: Powerball Winner
GOOD FOR HER!!!!! :mrgreen:

I was wondering when someone was going to claim it!

THE "MRS. VIPER DANCE"

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:16 pm Profile
Wanee Master

8-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN-4lX0QyZc

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:00 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Will this change anyone's view about dating older women?

Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:36 pm Profile
Wanee Fan

I don't know about dating her... But I'm available for adoption if she's looking for a new son!

freebo Mackenzie

Yeah, that's got a nice ring to it. 8-)

Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:23 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

Freebo, we could be brothers. I'm up for adoption too.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:19 am Profile
Wanee Master

You have to feel for the young lady that let this older lady skip in front of her to buy her ticket......I guess being nice is not all that it is meant to be. :o

Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:23 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Yeah Nole, file that one under 'no good deed goes unpunished' :D

Eighty-four years? Heck if that was me, I'd run on down to the furniture store and get that Barcolounger I'd been eyeing... heck, I'd pay FULL PRICE and wouldn't even dicker on the delivery charge!

Good on her. Hope she enjoys it. Her son should take her on a cruise through Alaska. Heck, go on two 8-)

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:15 am Profile
Wanee Master

Bob....
she could buy Alaska...all of it... :o
The United States only paid Russia something like $7M for the whole thing....and many thought it was ridiculous to pay that much for the area...thus the name Seward's Folly.

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:32 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Quote:
You have to feel for the young lady that let this older lady skip in front of her to buy her ticket......I guess being nice is not all that it is meant to be.

But: Being kind is it's own reward!

Yall know that allowing the winner to get ahead in line had NOTHING to do with who won. . . It's not like the winning ticket was about to be handed out, and the winner got it instead of the gal who let her go ahead...

It has EVERYTHING to do with an amazing amount of LUCK - because the odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 175,223,510.

And B-Bob: If, er, WHEN I win that lottery, I'll buy you two, . . NO! I'll pony up for three of them Barcoloungers... So yall won't have to fight about who's turn it is tonight! ;)

Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:24 pm Profile
 [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next