Last visit was: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 am It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:04 am




 [ 7 posts ] 
 Maceo Parker 
Author Message
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 379
Location: DeLand FL
Post Maceo Parker
Anyone have the set list for Maceo Parker, 4/20/2013?
So glad I caught this show. Listening live was great. It has lately been my most listened to download. The musicianship is awesome. Anyone have the song titles?

_________________
Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible.


Tue May 28, 2013 8:41 am Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:10 pm
Posts: 1095
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Maceo Parker
No I don't and I have been listening to the crap out of that show. Might have been my favorite of the fest.

I have recently freed myself from that aspect of my download OCD condition. I was very particular about getting the track listing for every show and including a paper copy with the discs with recording info and asterisks denoting sit-ins and... Not anymore. Burn disc, slap a name, date and disc # on the disc and play it. I have really gotten slack. I'm not advocating you to do the same.

_________________
The bottle was dusty but the liquor was clean


Tue May 28, 2013 9:50 am Profile
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 379
Location: DeLand FL
Post Re: Maceo Parker
mccjeff wrote:
I have been listening to the crap out of that show. Might have been my favorite of the fest.

No disagreement here.

I just made up my own set list, making up song titles I don't know.
I like to be able to pick out a particular song on the i-pod on occasion. But song titles and junk don't matter when you listen to the whole show, which is the best way to hear their Wanee set.

_________________
Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible.


Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 am Profile
Wanee Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:08 am
Posts: 6180
Location: Florida
Post Re: Maceo Parker
mccjeff wrote:
No I don't and I have been listening to the crap out of that show. Might have been my favorite of the fest.

I have recently freed myself from that aspect of my download OCD condition. I was very particular about getting the track listing for every show and including a paper copy with the discs with recording info and asterisks denoting sit-ins and... Not anymore. Burn disc, slap a name, date and disc # on the disc and play it. I have really gotten slack. I'm not advocating you to do the same.


You sound just like me as of late. I'm not looking back. Plus I keep discovering new surprises this way.

_________________
~~Can't go back and you can't stand still. If the peaches don't get you, then the mushrooms will.~~


Tue May 28, 2013 1:50 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm
Posts: 77
Post Re: Maceo Parker
Something like this...
Maceo Wanee Setlist (panicstream tracking)
1 Funky Fiesta
2 Off the Hook
3 “We don’t play jazz…”
4 Make it Funky
5 Baby Knows
6 “tuning/mic test…”
7 Gimme Some More (w/ band intros/solos)
8 Hey Pocky Way
9 Stand By Me
10 Uptown Up
11 You Don’t Know Me (Ray Charles)
12 Funky Good Time
13 Pass the Peas/Soul Power


Thu May 30, 2013 3:08 pm Profile
Wanee Lover
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:16 pm
Posts: 1866
Location: Melbourne FL
Post Re: Maceo Parker
My OCD's thank you. :lol:

_________________
"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs


Thu May 30, 2013 7:14 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Pro
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 am
Posts: 379
Location: DeLand FL
Post Re: Maceo Parker
strongerthandirt78 wrote:
Something like this...
Maceo Wanee Setlist (panicstream tracking)
1 Funky Fiesta
2 Off the Hook
3 “We don’t play jazz…”
4 Make it Funky
5 Baby Knows
6 “tuning/mic test…”
7 Gimme Some More (w/ band intros/solos)
8 Hey Pocky Way
9 Stand By Me
10 Uptown Up
11 You Don’t Know Me (Ray Charles)
12 Funky Good Time
13 Pass the Peas/Soul Power

Thanks, that's better than what I had. Though I'll name #6 "Love Me Tender".

_________________
Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible.


Fri May 31, 2013 4:43 am Profile
 [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CCBot, Choopa.net/ahrefs.com[Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], tieyourshoes51, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Intentional bypassing of the word filter will lead to user banning. The forum is used by all ages and walks of life and your respect for that is appreciated.
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.
Designed by Vjacheslav Trushkin for Free Forums/DivisionCore.