Last visit was: Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 pm It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
 Suwannee Springfest 2014 
Wanee Veteran

Post Suwannee Springfest 2014
Yup you read right: 2014

8-)

Just got an email from the festival overlords... Another great, primarily acoustic lineup, as SpringFest tends to be. Lots of returning favorites... here's the content~

Hello Suwannee Springfest Family,

Our team is excited and honored to announce the initial line-up for the 18th annual Suwannee Springfest, March 20 – 23, 2014 at our home away from home, The Spirit of the Suwannee Music Park in Live Oak, Florida.

This year's lineup includes:

Avett Brothers
Punch Brothers
Sam Bush Band
Southern Soul Assembly with JJ Grey, Anders Obourne, Luther Dickinson and Marc Broussard
Jason Isbell
Donna the Buffalo x 2
Greensky Bluegrass x2
Steep Canyon Rangers x2
Jeff Mosier
Town Mountain x 2
The Royal Tinfold
Uproot Hootennany
Big Cosmo
Habanero Honeys
Holy Ghost Tent Revival
The Whiskey Gentry
New 76ers
Jackson Vegas
and more!

We look forward to the coming of spring and celebrating life with old and new friends alike at this magical place.

Tickets for Suwannee Springfest go on sale Friday, August 2 and include 4 days of primitive camping and music. This year, VIP tickets will be available for Springfest for the first time. Fans attending Magfest this October will be able to purchase the least expensive Springfest tickets available for $125 ONLY AT Magfest. Student and Military tickets will be available. Fans can also upgrade your experience with RV hook ups, cabin rentals and golf cart rentals by calling SOSMP at 386.364.1683. Stay tuned for additional artist announcements!

For more information and tickets visit suwaneespringfest.com.

Last edited by beach bob on Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:29 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Suwannee Springfest 2014
Nice to see Uproot Hootenany listed. They are finally (FINALLY!) getting some well-deserved festival bookings.

I gotta put in a plug for those of you hitting Magnolia Fest: if you think you might be doing SpringFest next year, the $125 tickets available at MagFest are easily the best deal. Early birds will be $10-15 higher, and you'll be saving at least fifty bucks compared to gate fees. If plans change, you can always unload them down the road at Magnolia Miracle on FB, or here, or other similar outlets.

So if you got room on the credit card, swing on by the main merch table at the amphitheater, and take advantage. I have friends who've been camping with me for years, who didn't know about this option.

And now you know 8-)

Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:37 pm Profile
Wanee Master

The Southern Soul Assembly ought to be awesome.....individually they are great...and you put JJ with Anders and those Dickinson Boys....WOW.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:22 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

That looks like a good time, and the weather should be fantastic that time of the year.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:28 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Steve Martin, the Comedian...plays with the Steep Canyon Rangers...wonder if he will be there with them. They say it is awesome with him. He loves to play festies, or so they say. Was gonna check them out in Tally...but they sold out too soon for me to get tix.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:38 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Interesting lineup...to close of a drive to pass up.

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:06 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Rivernole wrote:
Steve Martin, the Comedian...plays with the Steep Canyon Rangers...wonder if he will be there with them.

I think that Steve Martin would have been listed on the bill, were he booked to be with them. His name is certainly a draw. Of course, you never know when someone might decide to swing by, unannounced...

The Steep Canyon Rangers have been a going concern since well before Mr Arrow-in-the-head hooked up with them. Just sayin' :D

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:04 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Hope they just 'forgot' Wanee on their tour schedule.. http://www.steepcanyon.com/tour

I was looking to see where else i might get to see them.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:10 am Profile WWW
Wanee Lover

I have always wanted to do Springfest. Being so close to Wanee has made that hard but my wife and i are seriously debating doing it this yr over Wanee. Nothing is set in stone but we will see. We do Mag in the fall and absolutly love the weather, smaller crowed, and a little less raging. Don't get me wrong, i love to rage, but the older i get the more i enjoy the laid back sounds and vibe at mag.

Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:40 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

scotydog826 wrote:
I have always wanted to do Springfest. Being so close to Wanee has made that hard ...

Heh, being a longtime SpringFester, that's what I said about Wanee for years: can't do it, too close to the March festy :D

... and then the 2012 Wanee happened with Further booked, and I figured it was one of the few chances my boy would have to see what is left of the OG Dead. And now that we've done two, I dunno how (or why) missing Wanee makes any sense.

My boy's sked is now much more flexible, with high school being done, and I am blessed with a fair chunk of vacation time. Damn the torpedoes! :ugeek:

Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:22 am Profile
 [ 10 posts ]