Last visit was: Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 am It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:27 am

[ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Zimmerman Trial 
Wanee Pro

Post Re: Zimmerman Trial
Lawyers, Guns, and Money ~ Warren Zevon

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:50 am Profile
Wanee Lover

bob dylan is on trial??????? damn, i've been gone too long.

Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Volkemon -- that was extremely well spelled out. Sadly, neither one of the two made intelligent choices.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:43 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Why does a guy on neighborhood watch have a gun?
Is this normal, did the local police OK this?
Wasn't he told not to follow the person of interest?

As far as I can see this could have been avoided, but someone seemed to have a being a cop fantasy. :?

Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:44 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jensen B Gator wrote:

As far as I can see this could have been avoided, but someone seemed to have a being a cop fantasy. :?

Yep. We would have two men alive, no trial, and millions of Florida dollars saved if only George had followed instructions.

"Remember: music is a religion. You have to pray every day."
-- Jose' Luis "Cheo" Pardo, Los Amigos Invisibles

Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Its a right that some people choose to exercise. We are allowed to carry guns.

This is normal, and the police do not need to 'OK' it. we do not live in a police state.

Transcript Quote - "" 7:11:59 — In reply to the dispatcher's question, "Are you following him?" Zimmerman says, "Yes." Dispatcher states, "OK, we don't need you to do that." Zimmerman replies, "OK."

Just like Wanee fest guidelines say ""What you don't need to bring with you or do while your (sic) here:Motorized or non-motorized transportation: scooters, bicycles, golf carts...."" Some people misread that as a list of prohibited items, when in the rules they are allowed. He was not told ""not to follow the person of interest""

And have the ridiculous fantasy of being able to protect oneself when assaulted.

I know presenting facts does take the excitement and drama out of things. Soz. But the sad fact remains, someone died. There are things to learn from this event. Following the FACTS will ensure the lesson we learn has value. Reveling in hearsay, interpretations and mulling over fantasies makes for MUCH better stories, however. We will likely hear much more of the latter items. Trial by Media.

And to return to Spyderstans original intent of this thread - "" I started this hoping for song titles, gun related. ""

Smoking Gun - Robert Cray

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:26 am Profile WWW
Wanee Master

Who instigated the whole thing???

What was Martin doing to catch Zimmerman's attention???

Was it because he was Black???

What if it were your Son???

Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:37 am Profile
Wanee Master

Rachel Jeantel (witness) she's a real charmer :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm039Hw45aw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FCQwv82 ... r_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBo_POKv21w

Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:55 am Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

i got lost in sanford driving around maybe 20 yrs ago, avoided that area ever since.

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:15 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Jensen B Gator wrote:
Who instigated the whole thing???

Well, depends on when you think it all began. George Z is out on neighborhood watch patrol. At 6:24:18 PM Trayvon is seen making his purchase at 7-11. At 7:09:34 George makes his call to the Sanford PD. About 40 minutes wandering around time, for a short trip to the store. Now one is NOT obligated to return directly home, and free to walk about But in the eyes of a watchman this behavior may warrant investigation. Especially on a rainy evening.

What was Martin doing to catch Zimmerman's attention???

From the 911 Transcripts - "" Hey we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a real suspicious guy, uh, it's Retreat View Circle, um, the best address I can give you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no good, or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.""

Was it because he was Black???

(assuming that you are expounding on your last question) Yes, it would appear that Trayvon's race made him fit a certain profile that George was alarmed about. From the 911 Transcripts - "" He's got his hand in his waistband. And he's a black male."" And there appears there are other records to indicate George would be wary of young black males.

What if it were your Son???

(Assuming the 'it' you refer to is Trayvon.. he may have passed but certainly deserves the respect of not being an 'it'.)
Well, I certainly would feel like I had failed as a parent. But that question (and answer) is neither helpful nor germane to the conversation.

Please keep in mind that I am not assuming guilt or innocence of either party. I feel I can put myself into the shoes of either one to a degree - a bored teenage boy (been there, done that) and a neighborhood watchman ( currently active, armed and vigilant). There is only one person alive that knows what happened. He is on trial. We have a process, may not be perfect (!) but its what we follow.

This entire situation does fall to the reason(s) behind one event - the shooting. Did George shoot Trayvon out of fear of bodily injury, or out of prejudiced hatred of black men? Or other reasons we cant fathom? Dunno. Thats what the court case is for.

Seems that most of your questions are easily answered by a simple online search. Are they asked out of a seeking of the truth, or want to stir controversy?

And back to the thread...

INXS – Guns in the Sky

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:53 am Profile WWW
 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next