Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:18 pm It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:18 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Red Rocks 
Wanee Lover

Post Red Rocks
Has anyone here ever been? My wife and i are going to our first show there July 12th, Railroad Earth, Galagtic, and Greensky Bluegrass. Beyond excited as it has been on my bucket list for a long time.

Is it as great as everyone says? Whats the 411?

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:21 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Post Re: Red Rocks
Scoty,

The family and I will be at that same show 8-)

I've never been to Red Rocks either. Been on my bucket list since like forever. I have a bunch of friends doing Panic this week... they all say it's an amazing venue.

But I don't have any tips or tricks. We will be going with a friend who lives in the Denver area, and she's gonna be our local guide.

BTW, we are doing all three RRE shows in Colorado. And taking a couple days in Aspen after that to play tourist. My wife has been bugging me for years to go to Colorado, so we done pulled the trigger on it ... should be most awesome. I also expect I'll be huffin' and puffin' all week, I haven't spent any time at high elevations in about twenty years... wish me luck! :D

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:36 am Profile
Wanee Master

If I did not misunderstand....the Panic show at Red Rocks can be seen on Dish tonite....PPV.
(I have been know to misunderstand... :oops: )

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:40 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Nole, there are audio webstreams too... I was listening for a bit last night. Sounded great (good quality stream, that is). And Jimmy was rippin' it, as he is known to do! 8-)

Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:49 am Profile
Wanee Fan

Um, Bob.

Ya know, I used to really like you... and yer family.

But with this news, you've joined the ranks of the frenemy. :evil:

Be warned: Yall are all now on double secret probation. :P

I recommend doing yer best to quickly get back in my good graces -like by calling me from Rad Rocks to report how GREAT the RRE shows are.

Otherwise, there will be consequences. ;)

Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:29 am Profile
Wanee Veteran

Hee hee Meester Freebo! :D

Carpe Diem and all of that my good man. I LIVE for the consequences. That way, I know I'm still not dead yet!

Bob wonders if he's cornfuzzled the Wanee gang sufficiently yet... Scoty was just looking for some Red Rocks 411 ... and here I am, diverging...

Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:21 pm Profile
Wanee Master

beach bob wrote:
there are audio webstreams too...

Yeah....my computer doesn't like Panicstream or the other way round. I used to listen to PS...but now everytime I try to go...it locks up my computer. So I have even quit trying to listen on PanicStream.
I still listen to archive tho.

Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

scotydog826 wrote:
Has anyone here ever been? ...
Is it as great as everyone says? Whats the 411?

I was there for the Grateful Dead in September of '83, then again for the "last" String Cheese Incident shows in '07. Y'all are in for a treat!

The most awesome venue I've ever been to excluding SOSMP! A natural amphitheater with red cliffs on either side and huge red rocks behind the stage. When you're looking beyond the stage(eastward), you'll see Dinosaur Ridge where the famous fossilized dinosaur footprints are. Take time to visit that area. Looking beyond that you'll see Lakewood/Denver and the flatlands beyond.

Travel west through Morrison up into the mountains and you will find some excellent roadside parks to relax and soak your feets in the streams, while possibly spotting some deer, elk, etc.

My next venue goal is The Gorge At George, WA!

Reason those poor girls love him
Promise them anything
Reason they believe him
He wears a big diamond ring

Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:04 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

Scoty,

The family and I will be at that same show 8-)

I've never been to Red Rocks either. Been on my bucket list since like forever. I have a bunch of friends doing Panic this week... they all say it's an amazing venue.

But I don't have any tips or tricks. We will be going with a friend who lives in the Denver area, and she's gonna be our local guide.

BTW, we are doing all three RRE shows in Colorado. And taking a couple days in Aspen after that to play tourist. My wife has been bugging me for years to go to Colorado, so we done pulled the trigger on it ... should be most awesome. I also expect I'll be huffin' and puffin' all week, I haven't spent any time at high elevations in about twenty years... wish me luck! :D

haha very nice!! we will be at RR and Boulder. We are flying out the Sunday before and making a week vacation out of it.

Im going to wear a Wanee shirt and rep for the home team!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:01 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

I am no longer a red rocks virgin!
I went to the TTB/Grace Potter/JJ Grey show on 6-15-2013. We Waneetopians met up before the show and between sets, it was so awesome seeing Amy, Wally and everyone else.
Each band was so happy to be there.
While you are there, you must make a side trip to Rocky Mountain National Park. I loved it so much that I am going back there on Wednesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFgY3mZjWTo&list=PL1E-4sCBrbUcB1wVTpXvtqvrpoUaHT7si

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:03 pm Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next