Last visit was: Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:03 pm It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:03 pm

[ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Red Rocks 
Wanee Lover

Post Re: Red Rocks
Thanks.

It is a beautiful song. It has helped us tremendiously and still helps get through some tough times.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

And you make the good shine forth from such grief. I am in tears. Thank you.

"" I'm not gonna vote for more rules... we go to festivals to get away from most of the idiotic social customs and rules for a time, and be a bit more free than the regular world lets us... keep the rules simple and few, and let kindness rule rather than a rule book... ""

THIS. ↑↑↑↑

Author - Beach Bob - Monday 20 MAY 2013 - 8:22 am
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10529&start=10&hilit=chairs

Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:44 pm Profile WWW
Wanee Veteran

scotydog826 wrote:
Between the 6th and 7th song of the first set, Todd dedicated the next song to Scott and Laura, and BAM, there is Storms. A beautiful Storms i might add. Between the tears, the hugs from everyone around us, and the amazing venue, it was the most spiritual experience of my life. The fact a band took the time to do something during their biggest show in history, first time headlining Red Rocks, meant more to us than words can tell.

:shock:

So 'Storms' was for you, Scott... wow... It is truly a small world.

Words cannot express my feelings for your loss. My deepest sympathies to you and to your Laura. Freebo put it better than I could, so just add me as a +1 to his comments. It surely took a bunch of courage to post up such a heartfelt and moving story.

I can only second what Scott posted about this band: Railroad Earth remains my very favorite at this time. Or should I say, closest to my heart?... it really isn't a competition, and I have a couple dozen bands I truly love, for their various reasons. But THIS band? Amazing players all, killer chemistry, and the way they interpret Todd's amazing songs is what does it for me. We saw all three CO shows: Red Rocks, Boulder Theater, and at the dinky Belly Up bar in Aspen. Three fantastic nights, two sets each night. Sixty-two tunes played over three nights, with no repeats. Very few other bands out there can even attempt this, or have the catalog for it. WAY too many highlights, but a couple pop up:

[*]Mikey getting chewed out by a security dude at RR before the music starts, and me waiting for my moment, after both openers, to talk to another security dude to see if anything could be done to get him a close seat for viewing ... the dude hears me out, then wristbands Mikey and me for Row 1 w/ some other ADA folks, right in front of John and Andy, where Mikey likes to be 8-) (I have a few pics that may show up on the FB soon) ...

[*]At Boulder, the encore started with a couple Vegas Hippie Showgirls (evidently they do exist! :)) tossing out a half dozen inflated dice for (what else?) a VERY spirited version of Elko ... "Need a card, I need a card!" met with DOZENS of decks flying along with the bouncing dice... hoo eee!! :D

[*]Me, walking into the Belly Up, eyeing the space, asks a dude working there: "So, does the band play upstairs er sumpin'?" He asks quite logically, surmising that the Belly Up is two stories - wrong! It's a single story place located in a basement, which is quite illogical, Cap'n, considering the name... The answer: "No, they roll up that screen there where those surfing videos are playing"... :shock: Holy schnikies, this place is TEENY! They said 400 admits, so I found my spot and Stayed. Put. Great sound, and fantastic energy btw the band and the hardcore fans all jammed into that little space 8-)

What a weekend. Even got to talk to Todd, who was being cheery and chatty and friendly :shock: in Aspen... "See ya on the Suwannee in October!"

:ugeek:

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:21 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

Double-post. Ack!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:23 pm Profile
 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3