Last visit was: Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:15 pm It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:15 pm

[ 10 posts ] 
 *Warren's Symphonic Tribute to Jerry!!! 
Wanee Mushroom

Post *Warren's Symphonic Tribute to Jerry!!!
I have a single ticket for Warren plays Jerry with the Boston Pops @ Tanglewood, 6/22, for sale, Sec 3 Row M (11th row!), middle of the row, closer to center aisle than outside aisle.

Face/Fees, $90 + 3 for shipping (1/2 cost of priority mail).

Last edited by strongerthandirt78 on Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 30, 2013 2:47 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Post Re: FS: 1 Warren Haynes Boston Pops 6/22
make me an offer...

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 pm Profile
Wanee Lover

I wish that I could be there!

There are things that music can do that language could never do, that painting can never do, or sculpture. Music is capable of going directly to the source of the mystery. It doesn't have to explain it. It can simply celebrate it.(and make you dance your azzoff!)

Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:19 am Profile
Wanee Lover

Went last night to see this in Raleigh with the NC Symphony.

Go see this! You've been told. If you don't then it's your own dumbass fault, not mine. So much goodness. If Warren singing Jerry songs bugs you then 1) f**k off and 2) go anyways although you will be bugged. If you have a problem with Warren playing wolf 1) see above and 2) see above. There is nobody on the face of this good green earth that I would rather hear sing and play that guitar on those songs. The guitar sound in Shakedown will send you. The orchestration for Morning Dew was overwhelming. Beautiful swells of strings, distant rumble of tympani, the cellos and basses add so much depth to the bass that you can never achieve with a bass alone, punches of brass as highlights and the woodwinds singing like birds in the back. Extraordinary. High Time, Bird Song, Black Peter, China Cat, Standing on the Moon, Terrapin and on and on. Jeff Sipe played drums and Lincoln Schleifer on bass with two background vocals. Beauty. First section had the guitar dominating the orchestra a bit too much. but after intermission (symphonies don't take set breaks) the orchestra really came into it's own. Beginning of show was a lot of people sitting so we left our seats and headed farther back to dance. Too chatty tho. It's still the symphony and not a Dead show or a bar band. STFU and listen. Again, you've been told.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:28 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

I'm going to SF shows 8/1 (Jerry's Bday!!) and 8/2... I bought the ticket for the MA show before the SF shows were announced... oh well, not the first ticket I've ever bought and had to eat... or even the most expensive, for that matter :roll:

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 pm Profile
Wanee Veteran

WOW Jeff, thank you for the review. Sounds like a really cool show, something my son would love to hear. I know I could dig it; new and different approaches to known tunes would certainly work for me...

Unfortunately, none of those Warren / Jerry / symphony gigs are anywhere near Florida... maybe they'll do a few more down the road... Hope springs eternal! 8-)

Thanks again for the review of what was surely an inspired show :D

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:26 pm Profile
Wanee Master

Jeff should apply for a job as a music critic.....if he ever quits his day job. :o
Great report of this grate music......it was almost like being there.
:D

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:07 pm Profile
Wanee Gnome

my husband & I very willingly drove the 6 hours each way to go see the boston pops show ~ ZEN, to say the least ~ the whole even had a magical mystical vibe & aura ~ definitely go if you have any opportunity!

Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:04 pm Profile
Wanee Mushroom

Just got home from a month of studying Spanish in Mexico and my front row tickets for Jerry's bday were here waiting for me!!! :mrgreen:

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:32 pm Profile
Wanee Pro

strongerthandirt78 wrote:
Just got home from a month of studying Spanish in Mexico and my front row tickets for Jerry's bday were here waiting for me!!! :mrgreen:

Man oh Man is that fantastic!!!
I'm just a mule here in Florida and to be there is only a Hippy Dream so I wish you the GRATEST time!! Please smile and think of me once while Warren is playing. Wanee Love to you!

Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:21 pm Profile
 [ 10 posts ]